Activating User Title's in 3.0.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activating User Title's in 3.0.1

How do I activate User Title's in 3.0.1?

They worked before I upgraded and I can't find the option to turn them on.

Remove the User Title entries in the Usergroup settings, then update the User Title counter.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

But if I remove this 'User Title' inside the Usergroup Manager what will happen to members who do not fill in their custom user title inside their UserCP? I think I don't understand it yet.
        How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
          But if I remove this 'User Title' inside the Usergroup Manager what will happen to members who do not fill in their custom user title inside their UserCP? I think I don't understand it yet.
          If the "User Title" filed is empty for a particular usegroup in the Usergroup Manager than the Title will come from the "User Title" system AdminCP > User Titles > User Title Manager unless they override it with a custom title. The User Title scheme is called a "ladder" because members "climb" up through various steps or levels based on post count. The default user titles are Junior Member / Member / Senior Member but of course this is customizeable as well.
          The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
          Articles - Forum Review
          Interviews:
          KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
          Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by the Sandman
            If the "User Title" filed is empty for a particular usegroup in the Usergroup Manager than the Title will come from the "User Title" system AdminCP > User Titles > User Title Manager unless they override it with a custom title. The User Title scheme is called a "ladder" because members "climb" up through various steps or levels based on post count. The default user titles are Junior Member / Member / Senior Member but of course this is customizeable as well.
            But... I do not want that actually. I would like to be able to specify a User Title for a particular usergroup, let say : Title 'Forum member' for Registered Users. I do not want to use the 'ladder'-system, just a default User Title for all registered members. BUT... I DO want them to be able to change this default title into one of their own. So that people with a custom title will see their custom title in the postbit and people who have not filled in a custom title will see the default usergroup-title, in this case : 'Forum member'.

I understand that this is not possible?

Comment

Yes, that's possible. Just put the title you want in the User Title field for that usergroup, and click 'Yes' for the option "Can Use Custom Title". This way, the default will be what's in the User Title field but users can override with a custom title via their UserCP.
              Last edited by the Sandman; Sun 2 May '04, 3:02am.
              Articles - Forum Review
              Interviews:
              Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by the Sandman
                Yes, that's possible. Just put the title you want in the User Title field for that usergroup, and click 'Yes' for the option "Can Use Custom Title". This way, the default will be what's in int User Title field but users can override with a custom title via their UserCP.
                I overlooked this option inside the Usergroup Manager. Thanks Sandman : I have it working on my site now.

Comment

Where for Custom Titles?

Hello.

I'm looking to see where in the ACP I can set the required amount of posts for my members to be able to choose their own custom titles.

I'm running vB 3.0.1.

Thank you.

Comment

To do that, create a new usergroup with permissions based on the "Registered Users" group and add custom titles (and any other permission upgrades you wish to add) to those permissions. Then, set up a promotion scheme based on post count (and/or time registered and/or reputation level) and set it to add the new usergroup you've created as an additional group when the conditions you specify for promotion are met.

If you need help with this let us know - it's a great use of the vB3 usergroup and promotion systems.
                    Articles - Forum Review
                    Interviews:
                    Paul M

Comment

Thanks Sandman. Well explained for a newbie like me.

Will test out it.

Comment

Ok just to clearify for people who did not understand from above because I read the whole thread and still felt confused. This is for vBulletin v3.0.1

Goto the AdminCP > (Expand) Usergroups > Usergroup Manager

Now in the frame on the right for Registered (Title) pick "Edit Usergroup" from the DropDown then click GO

When the Edit screen comes up the third thing down should be "User Title (Use this to override the default 'ladder' of user titles)". The textbox next to it may have "Registered User" in it. Delete that and then click update at the bottom of the page.

Now on the left side go down to "Import & Maintenance" Expand that group

Import & Maintenance > Update Counter

The very top thing in the frame on the right should be "Update User Titles" Click the Update User Titles button.

Bam you are all set and all your "User Titles" should be back.
                        Last edited by iamtgo3; Mon 3 May '04, 1:50pm. Reason: Forgot to add vBulletin Version

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X