Moderating New Registrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderating New Registrations

Before upgrading to 3.01, I had my forums set up so I was notified every time a new user registered. (We have a ton of losers circulating our community, and I thought this was a great method to pre-screen people)

Then I would check out their profile, and let them in...or remove their account.

With 3.01, it appears that this same setup is still in tact. However, since the upgrade I've had 4 new users that have bypassed my 'security check' :P
    These people are already set to 'registered user', whereas before their status would be 'awaiting email confirmation' until I processed them and sent them their 'welcome to the forums' email.

I am looking at CP >> User Registration Options >> Moderate New Members. Which is set to "Yes"

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Make sure Moderate New Members is enabled

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > User Registration Options > Moderate New Members

Comment

it was already set to yes

Comment

Maybe another admin allowed them in? Hey check your Control Panel Logs.

Comment

Just me

Nope, I'm the only one.

Comment

WebDivaJulie, your issue was split off to this thread:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103371
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Unit
              Maybe another admin allowed them in? Hey check your Control Panel Logs.
              i don't have access to them. the person who hosts my site takes care of all of this stuff...but he is afk all the time so i thought i'd try to solve some of my problems on my own (reason for me posting here and not asking him, hehe)

but...he is the one who set it up the way it should be (moderated), and he wouldn't have allowed people in.

Comment

bump

Comment

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/me...contactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Portal By vbPortal Version 3.0.0 Beta 1

that's it....and there are no hacks installed

Comment

Portals are hacks., youll need to uninstall any thing that interacts with vBulletin before the tech can assit you.

Comment

Working...
                      X