Paid Subscriptions + Worldpay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Subscriptions + Worldpay?

Do Paid Subscriptions and Worldpay work together? I know the option is there, but I remember reading that it does not work.

I am looking to setup a Worldpay account for use specifically with paid subscriptions. Worldpay is quite expensive, so I don't want something that won't work.

Does anyone here run these two together already?

Many thanks for any help given.
    Mike Warner
    MIGWeb - a Vauxhall Site for Enthusiasts of all Vauxhalls

Someone must at least know if it works?
    Mike Warner

Comment

Worldpay + futurepay

I would like to know if sub facility will intregrate with futurepay to allow monthly billing?

david

Comment

goosefrubar...
        Mike Warner

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Warner
          goosefrubar...
          ????????????? acronym??????????????

Comment

No - just a silly word used in the film Anger Management.
            Mike Warner

Comment

The Worldpay and Paid Subscription integration is something I'm considering doing. Is there anyone who's successfully set this up?

Since I already use WorldPay for an online store, I'm going to need to either use Dynamic callback to accomodate two different worldpay calls (so that once payment is made or rejected it returns you to the right page) - or set up an additional installation (but this costs extra). I guess with the former being preferred because it's no extra cost, I'll need to make a hack for this, as I doubt that VB supports this out the box?

Comment

This requires custom coding. I suggest asking over at vbulletin.org for help.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

subscription desciptions sent to world pay

Still fighting with Paid subscriptions When I first purchased vb3 I had visions of tiered subscriptions system, automatic renewals and members being able to select a membership that suited them and upgrade whenever they wanted at the click of a mouse with seamlesss call backs and automatic upgrading into new usergroups.

This isn't the case and although I love vbulletin and can't imagine how you even begin to create something so clever, I did feel a little disappointed - mainly because it took hours of searching and reading posts to find out it couldn't do all of the above. I know most of it was assumption on my part (never wise!) but I have been unable to find any concise info telling me exactly what it could and more importantly couldn't do. I will keep watching for future embelishments...just in case

Other than a few "nice to have" features missing from my ideal of the paid subscriptions most of the "pain" is not vbulletin (that bit is easy ) but online payment systems (world pay and pay pal) These are either expensive or slow or put you through a painful verification process where you feel you've told them everything except the colour of your knickers (can we not reek revenge on the frauds that destroyed our "ideal" payment systems and lumbered yet more cost onto the honest upstanding customer???...is their a forum I can join lol?)

But I've survived and now have a world pay account and verified paypal account and things are looking up, albeit a 2 week long slog!

So last on my to do list ... when I go to world pay it tells me I am buying something for say £10 and the product is 1_1

can I send worldpay more info so my customer knows they are paying for a premium subscriptions not a 1_1? and whereabouts would I find this info to amend. Paypal seems to take the subscription name - so do I need to rejig that so world pay can understand it too? From vague dusty memory with world pay forms its something to with an M_ in front of a field??

can anyone help this tired verified horse get past the finishing post please?

Comment

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you ...

But I wanted to say I admire your persistence and tenacity! I do not know why setting up paid subscriptions should mimic root canal work ... but it does.

I gave up and purchased aMember Pro (not free) ... it saved my sanity. I'm nothing to them but a customer, so that's not a "plug" for their product. But then, again, why not? It works.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X