Reset or prune reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset or prune reputation

I want to reset the reputationlevel for everyone on my board.

How do I do that?

First you need to delete all current reputation points given by users. Run this query on your database:

DELETE FROM reputation WHERE 1

Backup first! If you use table prefixes then you need to change reputation to include the prefix.

Then set a base reputation value in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Reputation Options -> Default Reputation

Then rebuild your reputations:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild User Reputation

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
        First you need to delete all current reputation points given by users. Run this query on your database:

Backup first! If you use table prefixes then you need to change reputation to include the prefix.

Can you alter this script to only prune Reputation over 30 days old?

Comment

That requires modifying the code. Try asking at vbulletin.org.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by wential
            Can you alter this script to only prune Reputation over 30 days old?
            Run this query instead:

DELETE FROM reputation WHERE dateline < 1085074901

That should work. Backup first!

1085074901 is the timestamp for 30 days ago as of today. This is not a relative number. So if you need to run this query again later on you will need a new timestamp for 30 days ago as of that day.

Comment

Try this one..

DELETE FROM reputation WHERE dateline < UNIX_TIMESTAMP(DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 1 MONTH))

Comment

Wow, you guys are good and fast. Thanks!

Comment

Run this query instead:

DELETE FROM reputation WHERE dateline < 1085074901

That should work. Backup first!

1085074901 is the timestamp for 30 days ago as of today. This is not a relative number. So if you need to run this query again later on you will need a new timestamp for 30 days ago as of that day.
                  I'll stop here since this isn't the place for it. Thanks to you guys I came up with this. I just wanted to show you the results of your appreciated assistance.
                  DELETE FROM reputation WHERE dateline < (TIMENOW - (86400 * 30))

Comment

How do I give myself permission to execute MySql queries via control panel?

Comment

Enter your userid into your includes/config.php file:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
                      // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
                      // See the above entries for more information on the format.
                      // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
                      // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
                      $canrunqueries = '';

Comment

That worked. Now I only have to run the query.

Would that be okay to do on 56k with 19,000 users? Does the server "do all the work" so to speak.

Also, would rebuilding the reputations be unwise on 56k? (I know some processes require that the browser go through all 19,000 members.

Comment

You should be fine on 56k. The query should be fast. Rebuilding the reputations might take some time. All of the processing is done on the server.

Comment

Thanks guys! That worked great! Now I just need my question in the other thread addressed about how to diable multiple usergroups from posting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X