Do I need to backup queries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to backup queries?

I just downloaded Navicat trial to backup my vb database. When I go to back it up it says"Note: This will only backup tables and their data. Queries are not included." Does this matter? Will my database be backed up properly so I can restore it if I need to?

Thanks,
    Kerry

You should really just use SSH to backup your database if possible.

Comment

But will this do the job?

Comment

I have no clue, ive never heard of the software or used it, SSH is about the only fullproof way to makesure your backup is 100%

Comment

If you also want to import your data, you need to be able to tell the mysql server what the data is for which field. So keeping in the structure and the INSERT query, etc. is probably a smart thing to do.

vBulletin comes with a database backup option through the admin control panel.
          But making a .sql dump through the shell is always best, you are then not restricted by the timeout or filesize settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            If you also want to import your data, you need to be able to tell the mysql server what the data is for which field. So keeping in the structure and the INSERT query, etc. is probably a smart thing to do.

vBulletin comes with a database backup option through the admin control panel.
            But making a .sql dump through the shell is always best, you are then not restricted by the timeout or filesize settings.
            So in theory I could back up my database without the queries and restore it by manually inserting the queries later, would this be difficult, how long would it take?

Thanks,
            Kerry

Comment

How big is your database? you would need to write querys for EVERY line of code. I could guess 5 hours on a smaller database, if not longer.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X