Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who says I'll loan you this one
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Floris; Mon 26 Apr '04, 12:16pm.

Comment

I had a number of "!Auto-generated moderator Please leave! ...." usergroups which according to another thread would appear to be the remnants of an earlier upgrade, possibly from a different forum software. Anyway, I managed to delete all the ones in "Custom Usergroups" via the Usergroup Manager, but for some reason one of them is in the "Default Usergroups" and I can't delete that one. It doesn't appear to cause any probs, but I'd prefer to get rid of it if I can (there are no primary or additional users), is there any way I can do this?

Comment

What is the usergroupid of that group?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve

The usergroupid is 7. Is there anything special about that number?

Thanks

Comment

That's the default "Moderators" usergroup - that's why there's no delete option. Is that the group your Moderators are in?
            The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
            Articles - Forum Review
            Interviews:
            KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
            Paul M

Comment

How very strange... my "Moderators" are in usergroup 6 which is showing up under Custom Usergroup. In which case what usergroup is normally 6 then?

Comment

Usergroup id:6 is your default Administrators usergroup. Do your Moderators have Administrator powers?
                The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                Articles - Forum Review
                Interviews:
                KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                Paul M

Comment

This is strange and can cause problems. The Admin group should be 6 and the Mod group should be 7.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Opps my mistake.. let me tell you all my userids and groups:

Default Usergroups:
                    1: Unregistered/Not Logged In
                    2: Registered
                    3: Users Awaiting Confirmation
                    4: COPPA Users Awaiting Confirmation
                    5: Super Mods
                    6: Admins
                    7: !Auto-generated moderator Please leave! ....

Custom Usergroups:
                    16: Moderators
                    then some actual custom usergroups

There's nothing special any of my usergroups, they all have pretty much the default permissions.

If you think the above will cause a problem, how is it best to rectify the problem - v.happy running in sql.

Comment

Rename usergroup 16 to Moderators-backup. Then rename 7 to Moderators. Next edit all your Moderators to have them in this group instead of 16. Then you can delete 16.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X