Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get the private forum posts to be..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the private forum posts to be..

I have set up a private forum for registered users to ask sensitive questions. They cannot read others posts. How does one get to show the subject of these private forums to show up but not read by the others please.

Thank you.

To clarify, you want thread links to be displayed but when a user clicks a link they cannot read the posts?

That functionality is not a part of vBulletin's permission system. You would need to modify the files to implement that permission. For help with this I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org , the official vB hacking site.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      To clarify, you want thread links to be displayed but when a user clicks a link they cannot read the posts?

That functionality is not a part of vBulletin's permission system. You would need to modify the files to implement that permission. For help with this I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org , the official vB hacking site.
      Thanks but not keen on hacking.

Comment

Yep, I odn't remember what the URL is offhand, but there's a "Disable Showthread" hack at vB.org by princeton.

This hack will enable you to DISABLE SHOWTHREAD according to USERGROUP. This will allow all your members to view titles and topic counts found within a section. Think of it as "window shopping". Your members will be able to read all topics from the forumdisplay.php page, but will not be allowed to read it's content. This hack will prevent anyone from viewing the contents of a post from within showthread, printthread, showpost, and archives.
        If I'm understanding correctly, what's being asked for.. It may have to be slightly modified.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X