Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cellarius
    replied
    Yeah. An answer to a question asked five years ago to a poster who was last here four years ago for a version of the software that has been out of date just as long. Sure everybody is still very interested...

Leave a comment:

• Nassou
    replied
    Try vbseo product.

Leave a comment:

• SoberRecovery
    replied
    To be honest, it was just a 30 dollar script that uses mod-rewrite and (I think) htaccess. It takes all of the URL's, converts them to *.html, and builds a list. In fact, even my site map is PR5.

Leave a comment:

• Cold Steel
    replied
    Originally posted by kafi
    Do you have any idea where to get pHp parsing script that generates a dynamic, real-time site map *****MENTIONED BY SoberRecovery???******???
    I'd like to know this, too.

Leave a comment:

• kafi
    replied
    thanks for your answer :-)
    Do you have any idea where to get pHp parsing script that generates a dynamic, real-time site map *****MENTIONED BY SoberRecovery???******???

Leave a comment:

• Visibility
    replied
    PR is Google PageRank, one way that Google measures the importance of pages. It's a mathematical calculation based on the pages that link to you and the PR of those pages. Maximum is 10, a number achieved by Google, Yahoo, and a few others.

While PR isn't as important as it used to be for ranking well in searches, it is still one major factor in determining how frequently and deeply your site is spidered by Google. You can check the PR of your site (and other sites) by installing the Google Toolbar. Be aware that Google can follow your surfing because each time you visit a page the toolbar has to check with Google for the page info.

Leave a comment:

• kafi
    replied
    Pr 6

Originally posted by SoberRecovery
    I have a PR 6 on http://soberrecovery.com/forums

Since Vb2 I've used a pHp parsing script that generates a dynamic, real-time site map. Over 3000 of my URLS are in Google.

Check it out here: http://soberrecovery.com/forums/sitemap.html

Watch the status bar as the sitemap is generated as the page loads. Also, all URLS are /showthread-*******.html

It's been a great tool.
    can you please explain, what is PR 6 ? I have a problem that google doesn't crawl my archive and threads either....
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• SoberRecovery
    replied
    By the way, PR is overrated. It's about SERPS and Traffic. Period.

Leave a comment:

• SoberRecovery
    replied
    I have a PR 6 on http://soberrecovery.com/forums

Since Vb2 I've used a pHp parsing script that generates a dynamic, real-time site map. Over 3000 of my URLS are in Google.

Check it out here: http://soberrecovery.com/forums/sitemap.html

Watch the status bar as the sitemap is generated as the page loads. Also, all URLS are /showthread-*******.html

It's been a great tool.

Leave a comment:

• Visibility
    replied
    One other possibility - the pagerank shown by the toolbar seems to be inaccurate or not meaningful for some dynamic pages. I've seen sites whose pages with querystring URLs all have PR0, but the pages do well in searches.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This is merely a by product of the pagerank system. The deeper the page in the site the lower the rank.

Leave a comment:

• xkran
    started a topic Google archive problem and indexing problem

Google archive problem and indexing problem

The problem is with the google indexing. All the vbulletin forums I've seen have a very low pagerank. Usually the index is pagerank of linking page-1 that is lets say 5 and the forum pages are 0 or max 1 for some sites. This is the same on the vbulletin.com site. However the forum pages are indexed by google and the backward links seem to be ok. So I think that google is giving a penality to the forum pages. The problem is the same with thread pages.

Thx
    Last edited by xkran; Thu 22 Apr '04, 7:16am. Reason: solved one of the problems :)
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X