Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

Hello all, i just upgraded to 3.0.1 and all went well except for a lingering problem with the following error:

Error: Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

Any ideas, anyone? I was given a PHP file last week to fix this but it failed... please let me know what i can do to fix this! Also, is this a bad error to let sit? The board seems to be OK...

C.

Try running:

DELETE FROM attachmentviews;

This should fix the problem, also make sure that you have Admin CP --> Options --> Server Settings and Optimization Options --> Update Attachment Views Immediately set to no. As well as Update Thread Views Immediately in the same location. This should prevent this.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

when you say "DELETE from attachmentviews" what exactly do you mean? The other settings are set to NO already. Is the command you suggested something i need to run from telnet? I guess I need explicit, step by step, hand-held, kid simple, idiot proof, sugar coated help!

Comment

i just got this error, very similar:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.1:

Invalid SQL: SELECT attachmentid, COUNT(*) AS views FROM attachmentviews GROUP BY attachmentid mysql error: Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

mysql error number: 1017

Date: Wednesday 21st of April 2004 04:43:38 PM
        Script: http://www.ivibe.com/forum/cron.php?&rand=433783
        Referer: http://www.ivibe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=220#post220
        Username: Unregistered
        IP Address: 24.186.107.196

Comment

You are missing the data file for the attachmentviews table. Run this query in phpMyAdmin to recreate it:

DROP IF EXISTS attachmentviews;
          CREATE TABLE attachmentviews (
          attachmentid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
          KEY postid (attachmentid)
          );
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve -- here's the stupid question of the day for you: Would I be likely to find MyPHPAdmin in my web server's control panel? If not, then where? Thanks!

Comment

PhpMyAdmin is a MySQL database management tool. Most web hosts provide this as part of the web site management tools such as CPanel, Plesk or Ensim. Look for a link to SQL or MySQL Databases. If you can't find it I suggest you ask your host about this.

If for some reason they do not provide phpMyAdmin or an equivalent MySQL manager, then you can download and install phpMyAdmin yourself from this location:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i think we're all fixed now steve!

steve here's what i get now when i rebuild/optimize tables:

attachmentviews Check Status: OK
                attachmentviews Optimize Status: Table is already up to date

i think we are all set... thanks for your help!

Comment

Can't find files

I am getting this error:
                  Invalid SQL: SELECT attachmentid, COUNT(*) AS views FROM vb3_attachmentviews GROUP BY attachmentid
                  mysql error: Can't find file: 'vb3_attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)
                  mysql error number: 1017

Also for vb3_threadviews

In phpMyAdmin I run repair and get files not found.
                  In the summary it says "in use"
                  Status "files not found"

as far as I can tell they don't seem to have been there for some time.
                  What do I do?

Comment

Create of files

I created the two tables based on the description in mysql_schema and they are there now.
                    Why have these missing files just started giving a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ianmac View Post
                      I created the two tables based on the description in mysql_schema and they are there now.
                      Why have these missing files just started giving a problem?
                      Probably a server problem or that table has gone corrupt.

http://filesharingtalk.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X