Error 1050 at line 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 1050 at line 11

OK...I have finally successfully backed up my database in SSH but now when trying to upload to the (already installed) new installation of VB3 I get Error 1050 at line 11. Table 'access' already exists.

The command I'm using is mysql -u user -p database < /path/to/sql

What does this mean? I tried to upload the backup previously with no success. Once complete I reset counters etc from the Admin Panel in VB3 but nothing appears. Is this all I need to do? Its all I can find in the manual so I'm going with the thought that the backup didnt make it to the new installation

If you have backed it up, thats about all you need to do
    Unless there is a reason (ie you went and damaged your existing db) there is no need to import back into it.

It should just be a case of pointing your config file at that db
    And if required, running the vb3 upgrade script

That command you using will allow you to restore into an empty db
    For it to work, you will need to drop all the tables in that db first (just use phpmyadmin or similar)

From the sounds of you dont need to do that tho
    Post up some more specific informaton of what your trying to do, and Ill see if I can help you out.
    None

Comment

This means you did not make the backup with the --opt option since that would add the 'DROP IF TABLE EXISTS' line for each table.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X