Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email Problem: SMTP working, PHP or VB Prob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Problem: SMTP working, PHP or VB Prob?

Ok...

1. Win2k running IIS 5/PHP/MySQL and IIS's SMTP service
    2. SMTP WORKS - I use another web-based service to contact it and sent mail, no problems there.
    3. The PHP.INI file is edited with a send from email address AND I've tried the IP and localhost as the address. Neither work.
    4. This is a fresh install of VB, I'm still testing it but I can't get email to work for the life of me.
    5. Diagnostics/PHP info shows correct INI settings.

Here is the error message in the email testing part of the admin CP:

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forum\admincp\diagnostic.php on line 283
    Check your mail server to ensure it is configured correctly to allow PHP to send mail from it. You should also check your mail server's error log for more diagnostic information.

Here is my problem - the log for the SMTP service is setup, and shows NO connect attempt when I send any emails.... (except when my other web program, which is on a seperate server, uses the SMTP to relay email, these are logged and work perfectly).

Please help.. been searching and its driving me NUTS!

ps - also tried that -f thing in the admin setup, no help.
    Chris

Upload tools.php and do an email test.
    You can also try to diagnostic email from the admin control panel.

Please post the reported errors here!
    By first glance it looks like email for php isn't setup properly.

Comment

Floris, the diagnostic email error from the admin cp is posted in the middle of my first post...Where do I grab tools.php from?

Chris

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X