Can not change thread icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not change thread icon

With custon post icons, we tag threads as required pressing review from a particular group. The post icon is chosen, none or one of the custom ones, when a thread is started.

As admin, if I edit a thread-starting message to change the icon chosen by the user, the icon changes when displayed by postbit, but does not change when the forum list of thread is generated (threadbit I believe).

I have not verified, but it is as if the DB field thread.iconid is not being changed.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thank you.

If you added additional post icons through the admin control panel, they will show up when creating a new thread or post reply - unless it is chosen in the vbulletin options not to display the editor like that.

Anyway, if you edit a post within the 'allowed edit post time', the threadicon will also update. Otherwise you have to goto the thread tools of a thread > admin options > edit thread and set the thread icon there. It then should be updated.

Comment

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think the killer is "$vboptions['editthreadtitlelimit']" in editpost.php.

The current behaviour is unacceptable I think:
      Either warn an admin that the change was not made or allow an admin acount to be free of the limit imposed by this parameter.

The parameter in question is defined in the admin panel as:
      "Specify the time-limit (in minutes) within which the thread title may be edited by the user who started the thread."

This implies that an admin account should not be subject to this limit.

I must say, by and large, our company and the other companies that visit our new site (using vBulletin) are very impressed -- great product.
      Last edited by CarCdr; Tue 20th Apr '04, 4:23am.

Comment

"thread tools > admin options > edit thread" does the job. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X