New Usergroup forum permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Usergroup forum permissions

Okay, it's very frustrating, and not at all what I expected. Previously I had access masks enabled.

It was nice and simple, I gave moderators an access mask hack so they could edit the access masks for their forums automatically. Nice and easy, didn't have to worry about a 100 different groups.

NOW... I have to add a public joinable usergroup and specifically go through and reedit the permissions for this group on the forums. Doesn't sound like an issue, but I have close to 50 clans hosted on our gaming forums. Each forum has public and prvivate forums and when I add a new usergroup, I have to edit their permissions for each of the individual forums for the new usergroup. This happens a lot.

The only way I can see of doing this is by creating a dummy group and editing the permissions of this group accordingly for all the forums and applying this to the groups.

Please tell me there's a way that new groups don't automatically get access to forums that every other group doesn't??
    Jetstream Games - NZ
    www.jetstreamgames.co.nz

Originally posted by Doogie
    Please tell me there's a way that new groups don't automatically get access to forums that every other group doesn't??
    When you are finishing up the creation of a new Usergroup, use the "Default Forum Permissions" dropdown box at the very bottom of the Page to give the new group the same permissions of any other Forum which has the forum permissions you want.
    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X