Username formatting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Username formatting

I have a normal Registered usergroup with no username formatting defined. Some users in that group also belong to an addon group that does specify formatting. However, that formatting is not applied to anything. It is not a case of the formatting being syntaxually incorrect as the code does not even show up whereas primary usergroup username formatting does.

Is this by design?
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Yes, I believe the formating of the primary usergroup takes precedence.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I believe that you can let users choose to be identified as a member of either group. In the Forum Manager, edit the additional group(s) and select 'Yes' for Public Group Settings > Can override primary group title/markup (yes, even if it's not a Public group). Now, if the members go to their UserCP > Group Memberships page they should be able to select to be identified as a member of the additional group (title, rank and username markup). The problem arises if you have no Public Groups - the Group Membership Link may not appear in the UserCP in that case. If it doesn't, go to This Bug Report and make the recommended change to your includes/functions_user.php file.

I haven't tested this yet, but it should work...
      The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
      Articles - Forum Review
      Interviews:
      KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
      Paul M

Comment

OK, I tested this, and it works! And the bug has been fixed for vB 3.0.1, so there are no file alterations necessary!
        Articles - Forum Review
        Interviews:
        Paul M

Comment

I'm using 3.0.1 already.

This is one usergroup that is bound to a paid subscription, so I don't want it to be publicly joinable.

Steve, taking precedence is one thing, but when there is no formatting for the main usergroup, would it not make sense to rely on the addon usergroup's formatting?
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

It won't be publicly joinable! Only people already in the additional usergroup(s) will have the option to be identified as such. Members not in the additional usergroup will *not* see anything relating to this in their UserCP - in fact if there are no Public groups for them to join or Non-Public groups for them to be identified as they won't even see the "Group Memberships" Link at all. Check it out - it accomplishes exactly what you want except for the added benefit of giving your members a choice of how they want to be identified.
            Articles - Forum Review
            Interviews:
            Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X