Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call to undefined function: xml_parser_create()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to undefined function: xml_parser_create()

Huh? I get this error:

Step 27) Update Settings (part 2)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xml_parser_create() in /var/www/vdom/friends/BIA/HTML3/forums/install/upgrade1.php on line 3089

What is this caused by? and how can I fix it.

Ok, a little more info before I get asked.

Ok, here is what I did.

1. Backed up my old DB
    2. Created New DB
    3. Imported OldDB into New DB
    4. Uploaded 3.0.1 to a new folder, linking it to new DB (which is a copy of old DB)
    5. Ran the Upgrade.php script, follwed all the steps till i got to Step 27, then it failed

Comment

Looks like A. you didnt upload the new files proerply or B your host does not have XML support.

Comment

Ok, I wil try and upload again... check out http://www.kronos3.com/phpinfo.php and tell me if XML is enabled or disabled... it tells me XML extendions are in there...

And if XML is not included, what do I have to add to my php.ini file (I am my own hoser)

Comment

gie it a sec... rebooting. tried to use urpmi to install xml... didn;t work

Comment

I dont see the --with-xml tag in your configuration list

Comment

Update: Insalled PHP-XML... damn thing didn;t install in the first place... my bad

Comment

I've just run into this problem as well - what is this XML library needed for and why doesn't the install check for it rather than getting half-way and then crashing?

Comment

Hang on a minute, I DID compile PHP with the --with-xml though...

Comment

Okay this is weird - I specifically compiled with --with-xml yet phpinfo() doesn't list it. Is there something that could cancel thit out.. for instance I have the --disable-all and --enable-safe-mode on...

Comment

Recompiled without the --disable-all, refreshed the install page, and it's fine now - though phpinfo() still doesn't mention xml being there...

Back to the job of guessing which of the 200 upgrade pages require a "Next Step" click...

Comment

You need to restart Apache.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry I didn't think to mention that, yes I did restart Apache (via a full stop and start rather than just a graceful).

Comment

What's the link to phpinfo?
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The test server is running on my private LAN, I'll PM you the phpinfo results...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X