One of those dumb questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those dumb questions...

Ok, here's a question that definetly meets that criteria. I know I'm going to feel stupid when I hear the answer.

Which template would I need to edit to get the number of posts/threads/etc show up for a category?

And a second question..which setting would I need to change to prevent the "There are no posts older than 30 days in this forum" from showing up if I have a forum set up virtually as a category (child forums, new posts turned off in the parent forum, etc)?

Originally posted by SWRoleplay.com
    Which template would I need to edit to get the number of posts/threads/etc show up for a category?
    Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost

You can use $forum[threadcount] and $forum[relpycount] in this template.

Originally posted by SWRoleplay.com
    And a second question..which setting would I need to change to prevent the "There are no posts older than 30 days in this forum" from showing up if I have a forum set up virtually as a category (child forums, new posts turned off in the parent forum, etc)?
    That shouldn't show up if the forum is a category. A category is a forum that has this option set to No:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Act as Forum

Comment

Thanks for the first answer!

Regarding the second answer...that's why I said I had it set up virtually as a category...what I mean is that it is not set per se as a category, but essentially it is acting like one. The reason for this is that my custom skin looks stupid if I have a category as a subforum of a category. I turned off new posts in the "virtual" category and I only use it to attach subforums to. What I want to know is how to have a forum and not have the "there have been no posts in the last 30 days" message and the subsequent things that go with that message show up at the bottom of the forum.

Thanks!!

Comment

Figured it out. Thanks

Comment