Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightbreed
    replied
    Thanks. I tried that. The if statements dont' work. I think it's becuase they contain $forum[description] and I can't figure out the proper phrase for threads. I've tried $thread and even $show but nothing seems to actually work in forum display.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You would need to do about the same for forumdisplay templates. just replacing it where applicable, you dont need to hack.

Leave a comment:

• Nightbreed
    replied
    Zachery, I appreciate your time, but I've posted this in three places (all the sister sites) and each time you've given me information that isn't what I'm looking for. I've installed that. It alternates items on the forum home.. not in the forum display. Vbulletin.org had a hack for altering ForumDisplay but it doesn't work in vb3.0.1. I'm interested in alternating thread rows in Forumdisplay.

Daveh,
    Thanks. I'll hang onto that in case I do want to do postbits too. Right now I really just want the thread listings to alternate.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100759 try this

Leave a comment:

• Daveh
    replied
    If you want something like the attached image for Showthread its prettty simple. In postbit and/or postbit_legacy you want to change all instances of
    <td class="alt2"
    and
    <td class="alt1"
    to
    <td <if condition="$post[postcount] % 2 == 0">class="alt1"<else />class="alt2</if>
    This will alternate the colours in the image. I've fiddled with the postbit_legacy template, such as replace the thead with an alt1 or alt2, but you get the idea.

Apologies if this breaks any rules
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nightbreed
    replied
    Interesting.. it can be done withthe Forum home level 2 post template.. but not in the forum display for the thread views? Okay.. I'll continue to look. Thanks Jake.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Alternating rows would actually require modifying the files. For help with this I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org , the official vB hacking site.

Leave a comment:

• Nightbreed
    started a topic Alternating rows rather than columns

Alternating rows rather than columns

Is it possible to get rows to alternate colors in forum home and show thread rather than having columns alternate?

I've searched all the sister sites but I didn't find anything.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X