• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Problem

Hello,

I just installed and running vb3 forum
    something wrong:
    when I click Mark All as Readed - it says OK but everything are marked still.

And also I have problem when trying to logout. Everytime it says ERROR and then I am clicking second time - it logging out.

What I did worng?
    GoHa.Ru

Did you upgrade you vBulletin from 3.0.0 - 3.0.1 and did you have customiezed templates?

Comment

yes to both questions
      GoHa.Ru

Comment

Did you revert any templats that were nessary for reversion? did you make sure you uploaded all the vB 3.0.1 files and overwrote the 3.0.0 files?

Comment

I just downloaded vb3.0.1 installtion from vbulletin web site and used it for the installation.

I have solved the problem with MARK READED / UNREADED MARKS
          The issue was with posts dates, probably convertation error.
          It was set up the date in the feature.

But the problem with logout is headache, and I dont know how to solve it.
          Please adives.

Every time on logout I see the error:
          An error occurred while attempting to log you out. Click here to log out.

And another error found: When someone posting, forum marking as unreaded. You are entering the forum, reading the post, leaving forum.... ADn it is marked as unreaded still. Then you are entering forum again adn only after second visit it iwll be marked as readed.

Forum will be marked as readed only if you will read new post, then visit the forum, and only after that will go to home page.

Is that knwo bug? Is there patch available?

every suggestion will be appreciated!
          Last edited by goha; Sun 18 Apr '04, 11:42pm.
          GoHa.Ru

Comment

Revert your navbar template, as per the instructions in the Release Announcment Thread.

Comment

Sorry, not sure if I inderstood you, can you please clarfiy?
              GoHa.Ru

Comment

Please revert the NAVBAR template in your style manager.

Comment

Got it, thanks!
                  GoHa.Ru

Comment

Here is another question:

As i see, READED/UNREADED system working a bit strange. For some reason some thrads will be marked as readed, even if I did not readed them.
                    I still unable to find a logic in this algorythm.
                    Peviously I was working with YaBB Gold. And there topic was still marekd as unreaded until I will actually read it. In this forum, like phpBB and some others it is just MESS and HELL.

Is there way to make it works like old YaBB? Where forum is marked is unreaded still until i will read it, regardless how many time will pass?

Please advise
                    Last edited by goha; Tue 18 May '04, 10:59pm.
                    GoHa.Ru

Comment

Not at this current time, it would take a major rewirte of the current mark read system.

Comment

Ok, can you please clarify current logic when it is marking as readed?
                        What can I do to make it work a little bit batter? (Closer to my idea)

P.S. Thank you very much for your support and patience!
                        Last edited by goha; Mon 19 Apr '04, 9:16pm.
                        GoHa.Ru

Comment

Threads are marked read when:

1. The user logs out
                          or
                          2. The user's session expires (as per the cookie timeout)
                          or
                          3. The user clicks on 'Mark all forums read'
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

oops....

I am really sorry, but such a system is really useless....

simple instance: I have huge forum, and I cannot read all messages. I am reading them during the day...Every time when I am leaving my comp to go for lanch, or to make soemthing else I will lostUNRADED status. User surely ant to preserve READED/UNREADED status untill he will finish reading the forum... and not just until it will timed out for some reason.. It takes whole day for me to read our forum (i am working 2 hours, then getting some rest and reading forum for 10-15 minuts...)...
                            For now there are 2k unique hosts every day on our forum. This number is grow, and current UNREADED mark system just does not works for us :-(

right now we have huge problem with that. Lot of complains, ppls thoink it is a bug, and asking me to fix it.

Well, can you please adivse me, how to make this situation a bit beter for me? If we dont have ready patch, then may be you can help me another way?

1. If in Time-Out for Cookie I will increase value from 900 up to 900000. WIll it affect something else but UNREDED MARK clearing timout? Or after that all my users will became logged forever and statistics will show fake "all users online"?

2. If so, Is that possible to split timeout settings for READED/UNREADED timeout and logged in expiration time?

3. Can you please point me to the code part, where it is implemented? I will try to fix it, and may be even make a patch for it?

thanks.
                            Last edited by goha; Tue 20 Apr '04, 1:09am.
                            GoHa.Ru

Comment

1. Yes, your users will remain logged for the amount of time in the cookie timeout and this will be reflected on the Who's Online page and statictics.

2. This requires custom coding. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.

3. I don't think this is controlled by one simple section of code. Again you can try asking over at vbulletin.org for help with custom coding.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X