Confused about hidden forums... advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about hidden forums... advice please

I have run the ImpEx script for my phpBB2 forum and most of which seems to have worked OK. However I am confused about hidden forums and permissions.

None of the forums or categories that have been imorted have their equivalent permissions and hence all of them are visible. To corerct this, do I need to go to:
    • ACP > Forums & Permissions > Forum Permissions > then edit each grooup for each forum/category individually...?

... if so, this seems a rather cumbersome way to do it. I have 6 hidden forums and it means editing each user category in each forum i.e. 48 seperate and specific configurations..

Is this the correct way to make a forum hidden...? Is itnothing to do with the usergroup permissions...? Sorry for the confusion (and I was doing so well!)
    John

Go to AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions > Quick Forum Permission Setup

Here you will be able to set up you Permissions Forum by Forum, and you can set multiple usergroups up simultaneously as long as they are getting the same permissions.

You can also check to see which Groups can "see" each Forum all at once in the Forum Permissions Display - by the small circles next to each Usergroup under each Forum (filled in means they can see the Forum).
    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X