X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from30.0 to 3.0.1

uploaded all files leaving out install.php and renaming file

I get this message when trying to acces forums
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience

WHY???????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Last edited by HC.; Thu 15 Apr '04, 8:51pm.

great posted this and mod disapear I will upload the backup and try again

Comment

I have uploaded backup 3 times now this is the message i get

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
      Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I have downloaded the update with no images and the complete update both with the same response
      WHY????
      Is there something wrong with the update??

Comment

We need to see the entire error message. Right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then copy-n-paste the error message here.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sent it to you steve hope you can help or I will call in for phone support tomorrow

Comment

Please post the error here.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

here steve

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
              <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
              <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
              Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical">mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--
              Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
              mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Friday 16th of April 2004 01:59:16 AM
              Script:
              Referer:
              IP Address:
              -->

</body></html>
              Last edited by HC.; Thu 15 Apr '04, 10:19pm.

Comment

This means that either the db info in your config.php file is wrong, or there is a problem with the MySQL server. If you are sure of config.php, then you need to contact your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

great the upgrade from RC4 to gold went fine

and upgrading to 3.0.1 have problems it is my hosting co. problem right?

you all had the same problem the other day why is this not the same who has a running copy of 3.0.1 that is working

Comment

I don't know what you mean by 'you all' but we have had server issues lately because we were moving servers. As I said this error means either the info in config.php is wrong or there's a problem with the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok steve I will call tomorrow maybe you can help

Comment

Did you delete all the files before uploading the new ones?

Comment

No justs overwrite them

Comment

Steve,
                            If there is a error with the server please tell me I will contact them
                            If there is a problem with the config file All i can say is that you all did the installation of this software so that is over my head

Comment

Then it would appear to be server related. You need to contact your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X