upgrade failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade failure

I tried to upgrade from 3.0.0 gamma to gold this evening and after folowing all of the steps I tried the upgrade script. The upgrade script jumps to Upgrade7 than stops whith nothing but a white screen on the browser. After a couple of checks and another attempt I abandoned the upgrade, removed Vbulletin from the server and tried to do a fresh install. This time I did get the inital screen asking for my user number but it was not accepted. Also the picture on the left side of the graphic came up as a red X. The previous version worked fine so I am a little confused how I could go so wrong.

You realize if you install instead of upgrading you will lose all your current data, right? At any rate it sounds like some files were not uploaded correctly. All the non-image files need to be uploaded in ASCII and the image files in Binary mode.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I understand the problem and have asked my ISP to restore the forums files from 24 hours ago. Thanks for the help. I will have to see how adobe golive is sending the files.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X