Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding 2000 Forums? Will the following work RELIABLY...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 2000 Forums? Will the following work RELIABLY...?

Firstly what are the practical limits on sub-forums? -also the limit per level?

More specifically I need to know if the following will work reliably?

A Category Forum at the top-level containing 200 Forums, with each of those containing anywhere from 1 to 200 Additional Forums.

The project I'm working on involves localization so I need to create forums based on geography.

To sum it up, I'd like to add a category forum containing about 200 country forums, with some of those having up to 200 child forums each.

Total estimated forums to start would be around 500, but could easily approach 2000 at some point.

Is the above possible and what problems should I be aware of, etc?

Thanks!

Ron

vBulletin should be abel to handel it however the problem lands with hardware and software php & mysql limitations.

Comment

Vb is ok, the hardware I'm on is mostly likely ok...

So what basic things do I need to be aware of in regards to PHP and MySQL?

Ron

Comment

Well im not sure but im guessing you would need at least 1 apache and 1 mysql server if not more, this is condering your getting posts in this forums to boot.

Comment

Throwing more hardware at the problem is the easy answer, but this project is a on a budget so I need to know what the limits are...

Specifically, where would the load coming from in regards to vb - number of queries, db structure, number of posts, etc?

Really hoping for a more solid answer - or at minimum, perhaps someone here can point me to some websites running vb with many hundreds or more forums.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Ron

Comment

Im not really the person to ask, as this isnt my field, ill point George (Eva2000) he may be able to give you better insight

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X