Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB Staff - How do I edit the Properties of the Birthday Field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Staff - How do I edit the Properties of the Birthday Field?

I apologize for posting a duplicate thread, but the old one was getting lost in the cracks, I think.

Anyway, to my question:

All of the other default User Profile Fields show up in the User Profile Field Manager - but the Birthday Field does not.

I need to make this field Hidden and Not Searchable - so that this information can only be seen and searched by Admins and no one else. (However, any given User can still access this field normally through their UserCP.)

Is there anyone on the vB Staff who can tell me how can I do this?
    echo $ocean_signature;

;)

The birthday field is hardcoded so you can define its properties as you can other custom profile fields. To accomplish what you want, you would have to modify templates and use conditionals to hide the birthday.

Comment

Ouch.

Alright then, can you point me in the right direction for what I'm looking to do? Is it difficult to make this change?

To summarize:

1. Nothing is to change for any given User accessing their own Birthday field in their UserCP. I'm only looking to change access by third-party Users, when they search or click on a Username in a post, Member List, etc...

2. Under the conditions listed above (i.e. search or via Username click on post, Member List, etc....) I want the field viewable and searchable only by Admins.

I'm sorry for the trouble.
      echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

Is this not something easily done? If it's too involved for you to go into, just let me know - and I will try my luck at vB.org.
        echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

Very friendly, gentle bump.
          echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

Okay, I think I found a way around this. On the surface, it seems to do the job.

Can someone please check this out and tell me if I missed anything? Or, more specifically, if there is any *other* way a member could get around this and look up the Birthday of other members?

What I did was to add the following RED code in the MEMBERINFO Template:

Code:

<if condition="$userinfo['birthday']">

<if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo,6)">

<tr>
            <td>
            <strong>$vbphrase[birthday]</strong>:<br />
            $userinfo[birthday]
            </td>
            </tr>

</if>

</if>
            echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X