News Users unable to "accept the forum rules" during registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Users unable to "accept the forum rules" during registration

it seems that on our forum, new users are unable to accept the forums rules during initial registration. they click/check the box to accept them, however, vb says they have not accepted the rules, and they are unable to continue.

in the meantime, we have to manually add them thru the admincp, for their forum membership. otherwise they cannot get registered, since vb keeps saying they have not accepted the rules.

any ideas?

thanks

Borderline
    http://nsro.com/forums/

Try reverting your header, headerinclude, and footer templates.

Comment

well, tried as you suggested, didnt change that prob.

the board isnt heavily edited, aside from the basic options to change colors etc etc. no hacks or template edits are in effect.

Comment

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change the default style to this style and try the registrion again. Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change the default style to this style and try the registrion again. Do you have the same problem?
          yes that worked fine. the registration went through.

now how do i integrate that fix/change to our previous style?
          or i suppose since the only REAL changes i'd made were colors etc, i could just try to mimic those again, yes?

thanks

Comment

This means that one or more of the template edits you made caused this problem. I suggest you try adding your template changes one at a time, then test out the registration process. Keep doing this until you find the change that causes this problem.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

10-4

thanks again for the help here

russ

Comment

Working...
              X