Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeilStraker
    replied
    However, a couple of forum members have already complained the the forum is now very slow to load. What have I done wrong this time?

Leave a comment:

• NeilStraker
    replied
    Thank you very, very much indeed! It seems to be working OK now. Although of course I'll be back when I muck something else up!

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Honestly couldnt tell you, im going to assume yes, as ASCII is a text based thing

Leave a comment:

• NeilStraker
    replied
    Ok thanks, I'll try that. btw, I'm on a Mac, using fetch which doesn't have an option for ASCII, is 'text' the same?

Sorry about this

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If you want to do a totaly new install, or to upgrade l suggest the following, redownload the package and upload all the files, make sure they go up in ASCII mode.(all NON image files go up in ASCII mode)

then make sure your config.php is properly configured and try to run the upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• NeilStraker
    replied
    It looks OK - <?php is what is there

Leave a comment:

• NeilStraker
    replied
    It looks OK - <?php is what I've got

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by NeilStraker
    When I point my browser at the upgrade address, http://www.electrifly.uk.com/forum/install/upgrade.php

I get this:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/neilstraker/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php:2) in /home/neilstraker/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 19 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/neilstraker/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php:2) in /home/neilstraker/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php on line 20 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/neilstraker/public_html/forum/install/upgrade.php:2) in /home/neilstraker/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2829

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?
    make sure there is not extra spaces outside of hte PHP tag in the config.php EG

"?>

"

make it:
    "?>"

Leave a comment:

• NeilStraker
    replied
    OMG! I thought that was what I'd done - can I do a completely new install ?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Your still running beta 7 files? i thought you were upgrading to gold?

Leave a comment:

• NeilStraker
    replied

I'm having all sorts of probs. New posts aren't showing up or being added to the number of posts, although there have been some. Also, when I try to post I now get this message:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 7:

Invalid SQL:
    REPLACE INTO postindex
    (wordid, postid, score, intitle)
    VALUES
    (19, 3384, 1, 1)

mysql error: Table 'Neildb.postindex' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Tuesday 13th of April 2004 04:11:13 PM
    Script: http://electrifly.uk.com/forum/newreply.php
    Referer: http://electrifly.uk.com/forum/newre...ewreply&p=3383
    Username: Neil
    IP Address: 81.105.230.115

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-style.xml file from the zip file to your install directory. Make sure you upload this in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then import this file in the 'Upload' section of the Style Manager. After that, run 'Find Updated Templates' and revert all the templates it finds.

Leave a comment:

• NeilStraker
    replied
    I tried that, but it didn't work

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Click on the drop down for your style and select 'Revert all templates'

Leave a comment:

• NeilStraker
    replied
    Sorry, what do you mean by that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X