$vboptions['attachpath']

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $vboptions['attachpath']

Do you know where I can change that? Because I cant find it in admincp.
    GamerzLive.com - Your ultimate site for everything related to gaming. Forums.
    Random Forum - Random Forums :D
    dSIGN2.com - Designing your dream websites (Coming Soon!)
    Trenzhost.com - FREE Image Host!
    SickString.com - Sick String Clothing Lineup (Coming Soon!)

What exactly are you trying to do? That doesn't appear in any templates. My guess is that this refers to the option to store attachments on the file system instead of the database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I recently moved my forum from one account to another, one domain to another. The forum directory is on the new one, but the database is still on the old account. So whenever I try to attach a file, it tries to attach in the old path, instead of the new one. I checked includes_file.php and it has the word $vboptions['attachpath']. So I was wondering if I could change that path to the new forum path.

Comment

Are you using the attachments as files option?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

If you go to "Attachment Storage Type", under attachments you will find an option to change your attachment path if you have them in the filesystem.

Comment

Thanks a lot Freedie ....I cant believe I spent all that time looking for it in vBulletin Options

Comment

I changed the path, and vBulletin uploaded a test file and it said everything was fine. Now whenever I try to upload something, it gives me this error:

file.gif:
                File system directory is not writable.

Comment

You need to chmod whatever folder you set to store attachments in to 777

Comment

sorry, I forgot to mention that....I did chomod the folder to 777

Comment

what about all the folders under it?

Comment

All the subfolders are chomoded, but not the folders inside the subfolders....do I have to chomod ALL the folders? Is there any quicker way of doing it?

Comment

Yes, all the subfolders need to be chmod'd to 777. I am not aware of any way to do them all at once.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X