Access masks/Permissions conflict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access masks/Permissions conflict?

As I understand it .. access masks should override forum permissions .. At least that's what it says in the help files ..

So if I create a forum .. and have all permissions for that forum as No I can then create an access mask for one user saying Yes (Access Granted) that user should be able to see the forum and post in it ..

Well .. if the above is correct .. it doesn't work

I've a sub forum of a forum that all can see (so no problem with inherited permissions) .. the sub forum has permissions set to No for all groups apart from admins and super mods (so no one can see the sub forum apart from those 2 groups).. I have a user who is part of the "registered" user group who I have given an access granted mask to that sub forum so he can see and post to it .. and yet he still can't see the sub forum!?

What gives? .. is it a bug?
    It's a Savage Universe out there!

Oh .. and yes I have Access Masks turned on within the main options ..

Comment

A bit more info .. I just turned on the option "Can view forum" to Yes within the registered user group as I see that this setting has caused problems in other threads thinking that someone with an access mask could then post .. but it seems this isn't the case as my user can now see the sub forum but still can't post ..

Comment

Hmm .. not sure what's going on now

All of the above was on my Dev board (fresh install of vb3) .. I've just tried it on my live forums (upgraded) and it works?

Weird!

Comment

Working...
        X