Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM postindex
    mysql error: MySQL client run out of memory

mysql error number: 2008

Date: Saturday 10th of April 2004 07:49:05 PM
    Script: http://www.adkforum.com/admin/backup.php
    Referer: http://www.adkforum.com/admin/backup.php?do=choose
    Username: *****
    IP Address:**"

I had corrected my email in my mysql login script, so this may have been an error for quite some time.

The backup finishes and I receive no errors from the admin console other than this one via email. My friend's working on some sql integration stuff and added some tables a few days ago, I guess there's a possibility this could be the cause... but can't be sure.
    Last edited by stoopid; Sat 10th Apr '04, 4:07pm.
    You are not your forum.

Your forum is too large to use the AdminCP Backup tool.

You should really use SSH / Telnet to backup your admincp

Comment

Only 7MB??
      You are not your forum.

Comment

The AdminCP backup tool has the same limitations as phpMyAdmin would, its always best to use SSH / Telnet when possible.

If im reading the error right, MySQL tried to backup but ran out of memory during the processes

Comment

Just ran a myphp admin backup and that saved the same size file and didn't generate the email error...

It wasn't through telnet or ssh...
          You are not your forum.

Comment

Even when these backups appear to be complete there is a chance they may not be, As ive said before its really best to do backups from SHH / Tenetl for a complete backup

Comment

I have been getting the same error message recently. My forums are backuped daily via a cron job (I think that's considered telnet?). I wasn't the one to setup the cron job (couldn't do it if my life depended on it). My host (dedicated server support) also reported crashes of the SQL server at the time of the backup. Could it be that my forums are too large? What can I do to prevent this from hapenning?
              CatForums
              Verdant Gardening Forums
              If you have pets/home and family related forums, hit me up for a link exchange!

Comment

The error message is the following:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0:

Invalid SQL:
                SELECT title, template
                FROM template
                WHERE templateid IN (5062,5275,5088,5089,5091,5096,5381,5183,5184,5186,5185,5187,0,5188,5189,5190,5192,5193,50 01,5002,5003,5004,5213,5214,5217,5218,5215,5176,5175,5177,5181,5179,5322,5273,5297,5158,51 57,5168,5135,5136,5274,5277,5284,5154,5155,5156,5245,5289,5288,5295,5294,5293,5290,5292)

mysql error number: 2008

Date: Friday 30th of April 2004 04:19:30 AM
                Script: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=35083
                Referer: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
                Username: ****
                IP Address: ****
                CatForums
                Verdant Gardening Forums

Comment

This is still a server error and problem. Have you contacted your host about this?
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What a mess! Apparently whenever this happens, my email accounts get messed up because of corrupted emails getting stuck :S I didn't even get the message that this thread has been replied to.

Could it possibbly be that my forums have become too large for the MSQL server to handle during backup? Maybe I need a stronger server? or to delete some of the posts in my forums?
                    CatForums
                    Verdant Gardening Forums

Comment

Have you tried using SSH to backup your database instead of the AdminCP tool?

Comment

Always have by SSH - never used the admin tools to backup.
                        CatForums
                        Verdant Gardening Forums

Comment

I'm with my host on the phone right now. According to them the problem is with the 200 MB of attachments on the forums. Problem is I can't even view the stats through the admin panel without hosing up the server.

Is there an easy way for me to mass delete posts with attachments by date? I'd like to get rid of anything posted more than 4 months ago.
                          CatForums
                          Verdant Gardening Forums

Comment

You can run optimize and repair on your tables that give issues through phpmyadmin.
                            Then you can goto the admin control panel and goto the attachment section and from there pick the Moving Attachments to the Filesystem and pull it out of the database to the file system.

Comment

Can I do that with only some of the attachments? What am I losing by changing the storage to files instead of the db?
                              CatForums
                              Verdant Gardening Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X