Moved to new host, attachment path now incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved to new host, attachment path now incorrect

moved our forums to a new host. now the attachments path seems to be incorrect. while trying to upload/add an attachment, we see 3 error messages, all showing the new/current hostname in the path. howerever, in the admincp, i see the attachments are indicated as being stored in the old hostname. i am guessing this is the prob, since it shows in all errors.

how do i go about changing the hostname in the admincp, where it is different (showing the old hostname).

the errors are as follows:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/nsrohost/public_html/forums/attachments/82e68f80778fc0b73744b689d9e455a4): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nsrof22/public_html/forums/includes/functions_file.php on line 214

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phplODxfL' to '/home/nsrohost/public_html/forums/attachments/82e68f80778fc0b73744b689d9e455a4' in /home/nsrof22/public_html/forums/includes/functions_file.php on line 214

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /home/nsrohost/public_html/forums/attachments/82e68f80778fc0b73744b689d9e455a4 (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/nsrof22/public_html/forums/includes/functions_file.php on line 226

the admincp Attachments Statistics show:

Storage Type

Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at /home/nsrohost/public_html/forums/attachments

thank you

Is there a folder called attachments in

/home/nsrohost/public_html/forums/ ?

Comment

yes, and the indicated file in errors is also there. BUT the new host is not nsrohost, it is nsrof22. the errors seem to be trying to find it in the proper host, but admincp shows the old host.

the only reason i have seen, so far, is the diff in hostnames between the errors and the admincp attachments storage folder, when i look at attachments stats.

i have no clue where i would change that, in the admincp.

assuming that would fix the prob
      Last edited by Borderline; Sat 10th Apr '04, 1:38pm.

Comment

Did you change the path to the attachment directory in the Admin CP?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

no, i must have overlooked where that is

Comment

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

found it. i changed the hostname to proper one.

it then said it wasnt writable, the folder. so i chmod it to 777, the attachments folder. but i guess that didnt work completly because it still says that. many subfolders in there. do they need to be set as well 777? if so how? can they inherit the 777 from the attachment folder they reside in?

getting closer, thanks for helpin.

Comment

You should need to CHMOD all folders to 777, they will not inherit from their parent directories.

Regards,
                Patrick
                Patrick Paul

"Better to stay quiet and have others think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Comment

thanks, what a hassle tho eh? heh

79 folders under attachments

Comment

fortunatly flashfxp could do em all in one swoop.

seems to be ok now..

thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                    X