Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i make adsense work properly with vb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i make adsense work properly with vb?

I have searched through the many current topics to try and find the answer, but with no success. I have so far managed to get google adsense on the right pages (i.e. not on pages which violate the tos of adsense) using the if command... but the problem i now have is that the ads being shown on my vb have nothing to do with the content of the site, and indeed are not being tracked as impressions???? the ads shown are all about passwords and secruity. i have read something about these being "charity" ads due to google's bot not being able to check my vb??? i also read how it maybe a session hash thing?

how can i change this so it displays appropriate ads for the page?

I have no issues with google adsense, I just make the code through their adsense page and then throw it in the header. Surround it with a conditional to exclude it from pages and it works like it should.

Comment

ok, well so you can see... i have created a new user on my forums so you can see what sort of ads i am getting.

http://forum.pesinsight.com

user: testuser
      pass: testuser

Comment

Well the main issue is that Google spiders don't have access to your forums, so there is no way for them to know what the content is.
        MODern ENGINEuity
        Modular Powered Community

Automotive Books, Movies, Games and More!

Comment

ok, how can i go about changing that? in the vboptions i have it set so the spiders can access.... inktomi spiders are always on the forum, so they dont have any problems.

Comment

Since your forums are private, guests (search engine spiders) will not be able to access any of the content. The Inktomi spiders are most likely seeing a log in screen.

There was someone asking about this an earlier thread, and they were going to look into a hack to allow certain IP addresses access. You may try looking over at vBulletin.org to see if there is anything for this yet.
            Last edited by SVTBlackLight01; Sat 10 Apr '04, 1:30am.
            MODern ENGINEuity

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100890
              MODern ENGINEuity

Comment

A conditional exclude? I'm also trying to get AdSense to work in my forums, and can't quite figure out where to put the code. Is anywhere in the header OK? I've tried reading the VB manual and searching the forums here, but to no avail. I'll admit to being a newbie, and I'm glad to RTFM, but I can't figure out where!

Comment

Probably the simplest way is probably above or below the navbar. Just add the Google Adesnse at the top or the bottom of the navbar template.
                  MODern ENGINEuity

Comment

I've been using adsense in vbb 3.0.0 without any problem.

I added the code in a custom header template, under common templates.

http://www.arquinauta.com/foros/

Comment

How exactly do you do that? I must be more of a newbie than I thought-- I didn't realize that we could take the vBulletin logo off of the top of the page, etc. Any tips/suggestions you could offer would be sincerely appreciated.

Comment

Mhh is very simple, just create a header file in dreamweaver, ultraedit or whatever editor you choose, just be sure tu include the full path to the images (http://www.yourdomain.com/img/img.jpg) not relative paths.

Then in Admincp -> Styles & Templates -> Common templates -> Header

Paste the html code after

<!-- logo -->
                        <a name="top"></a>
                        -- YOUR HEADER HTML CODE ---
                        <!-- /logo -->
                        <!-- content table -->
                        $spacer_open
                        $_phpinclude_output

save the template and preview it. if something goes wrong, you always have the option to revert the heade template to its original.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X