How do I disable these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I disable these?

Is there a way to disable these functions for all usergroups all over the entire board:

Post Icons
    Thread Ratings

So that you don't have to edit forum permissions for each, but just disable it for the whole board and overwrite the permissions? If so, where?

No sorry, there's no functions to do this. However you don't need to do this for each usergroup. Just edit the forum settings.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There is no other ways except these:

To disable Post Icons: Admin CP -> Post Icons -> Post Icons Manager -> Post Icon Permissions -> Set No for all usergroups

To disable thread rating: Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> [Forum Name] -> Allow Thread Ratings in this Forum -> Set No
      Repeat with all forums...

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Comment

It might be quicker to simply remove the threadrate drop down menu and the relevant column from the showthread template. No?

Comment

Originally posted by MacMorag
            It might be quicker to simply remove the threadrate drop down menu and the relevant column from the showthread template. No?
            But if the times comes that I choose to re-inable, it is much more difficult. See what I mean? I think my best bet is to edit permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuneek
              But if the times comes that I choose to re-inable, it is much more difficult. See what I mean? I think my best bet is to edit permissions.
              I see what you mean. It all depends on how many forums you have to amend. It's not that hard to save a copy of the template as it is BEFORE you remove the threadrate code, then reinstate that copy should you ever decide that you wish to re-enable the treadrate facility.

Only thinking of the least labour-intensive way of achieving what you want.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X