"Private" forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Private" forum?

I've created a VB3 "normal" formum - like this one: guests can view posts, registered users can post, etc.

Additionally, I'd like to create a "private" forum - everybody would have to register to even view posts, users would have to "apply" for registration to a moderator and would only be registered if they were known to the moderator, the moderator would review all posts, etc.

VB3 has so many configuration options that it seems that something like this should be possible. If somebody could point me in the right direction on how to configure VB3 to do this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Askold
    Askold Wawryszyn

Admin Control Panel -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions.

Set the "Can view Forum" permission to no for the usergroups who shouldn't see it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

So you want a forum that only specific register members can post in? and no one but these specific members can see, and mods need to approve them?

Ok.

MAke a new usergroup, lets call it private forum users for kicks.

Set their options however you see fit.

Make it a public usergroup.

Assign the mod you want to approve the users that are able to see this forum that we are going to create as the group leader.

Make a new forum, and once youve finished setting it up to your liking, go to the forum permissions and deny all except staff and this new public usergroup.

Now, your users can "apply" to the moderators via the join public usergroups page, and give a reason, then the moderator can either deny ignore or accecpt this new user into this group. once there are in this group they would be able to see and post in this new forum.

Comment

OK - thanks for the push in the right direction.

I'll see if I can make this work.

Askold
        Askold Wawryszyn

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X