upgrade problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade problems!

i was trying all night to upgrade from vb3 beta7 to the new (3.0.0Gold) when i got all the files loaded on the server and tried to go to the install url, like this

mywebsite.com/install/upgrade.php

the url would change to upgrade6.php and it kept telling me i had to change my database to 2.? cant remember now! chit
    anywho i have 3.0beta7 running now? any help?

Revert to the working beta7 .sql dump and upload all the gold files again and follow upgrade.php - step by step and let each page complete.

What you show appears in most cases after running upgrade.php more then once.

Comment

ok i did revert back to my backups of the site just befor i started. so i am up and running fine. didnt want the site off line to long. so your telling me to just do it again and . i dont think, i stoped it, but maby? it was a bit of a pain. also is the (gold) version newer then the canadate releases? because the version i downloaded from the members section just says like 3.0. now the install folder has upgrade 1 -11 in it. do i have the right one?

Comment

Yes, the version in the Members Area is always the latest one.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thx ill take another run at it tonight . i downloaded a new ftp so i hope it goes better. mine was timming out durring the upload maby thats the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X