Getting lots of emails from the board.. ERROR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting lots of emails from the board.. ERROR

Hi Im v new to vbull and not really a techy - can anyone help me with this error messge please - i keep getting it mailed to me all day - not sure whats up (i have started to try install vbportal as well (but sort of got stuck!)

--- email i keep getting ---

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4:

Invalid SQL: SELECT * from _config

mysql error: Table 'vbullmixedwar._config' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

--------------------------

Cheers in advance for any help on this

Originally posted by lean
    Hi Im v new to vbull and not really a techy - can anyone help me with this error messge please - i keep getting it mailed to me all day - not sure whats up (i have started to try install vbportal as well (but sort of got stuck!)

--- email i keep getting ---

--------------------------

Cheers in advance for any help on this
    Check if there's anything in the $tableprefix variable in includes/config.php (Line 90)

You might have accidently entered/deleted the table prefix by mistake.

Comment

// Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
      // For example: $tableprefix = 'vb3_';
      $tableprefix = '';

thats what mine says? should it have somthign in there? thanks for your response btw

Comment

Originally posted by lean
        // Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
        // For example: $tableprefix = 'vb3_';
        $tableprefix = '';

thats what mine says? should it have somthign in there? thanks for your response btw
        Well if there's nothing there then I can't see what the problem is.

Comment

ok thanks anyway

anyone else any ideas?

Comment

There is no 'config' table in vB. Did you install any hacks or add any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? What's the complete error message, including script info?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i think what i did was try to install vbportal - and according to a friend it may well not of been compatible with the version of vbull im using - ive deleted all the vbportal stuff and hopefully i wont get anymore error emails?

the full email i get is: (hope this is enough info - not sure where to find including script info?)

Date: Saturday 03rd of April 2004 02:21:35 PM

Script:
              http://www.mixedwar.co.uk/

Comment

As I said there is no 'config' table in vB. This is from a hack. I suggest reuploading all the original vB non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server.

You should also upgrade to vB3 Gold since we cannot provide continued support for pre-release versions of the software.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Upgrading now

Comment

actually before i do... will i lose all the colours i set up my forum to use?

i dont wanna upgrade if i have to set all the colours etc again it took me days!

Comment

No, you won't lose your customized colors.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X