Converted database is half the size of original vb2 database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converted database is half the size of original vb2 database

My conversion from phpbb2 to vb3 was 50MB -> 15MB. Go figure.. But there were numerous errors (PMs lost, permissions not set, etc) so I have to wait for the release of importers..
    TraceRT - Networking Tools | CyberAdmirer - Post your pic

If I remember correctly...you have to rebuild your search index after upgrading... have you done that?

Comment

Originally posted by decostop
      If I remember correctly...you have to rebuild your search index after upgrading... have you done that?
      That's the most likely cause of the db size difference. The search index is emptied during the upgrade and needs to be rebuilt.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Oops! Yes, I've still to rebuild the search index.

Thanks.

Comment

Converted database is half the size of original vb2 database

I have just upgraded a test version of my database from vb2.3 to vb3. As soon as I converted the database, I dumped it via SSH. However, the dumped file is less than half the size of the vb2 database when dumped. Is this correct? Does vb3 reduce the actual size of the database?

I know that at least one field has still to be added to the vb3 database (once I redo hack), but it's only one field. I doubt whether this one small field takes up 50% of the database.

Does converting from vb2 to vb3 decrease the size of the database - or should I do the conversion again????

Comment

MacMorag started this thread.. How come my post appears as the first one?

Comment

Thanks for the explaination. Search index and the fact that my PMs got lost must be the main reason for the difference in size. Any news on when the importers are comming??

Thanks.

Comment