Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there another way to send Activation Email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there another way to send Activation Email?

Seems when someone registers Vbulletin Activation email is not being sent regularly, thus is picked up as spam.... is there another way to do this? manually even?? I have a whole bunch of unactiavted users...

You can have the user change their email address which will cause vBulletin to send an activation email to the new address. Otherwise the user will need to configure their email blocking software to allow emails from your forums.

You can display a notice on your forums for users whose accounts are awaiting email confirmation. Go to your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> header

Add this code below the $spacer_open variable:

<!-- content table -->
    $spacer_open

<br />

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 3">

<div align="left" style="color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid black; padding:2px">Your account is awaiting email confirmation. Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or visit <a href="register.php?$session[sessionurl]do=requestemail">this page</a> to resend the activation email. If you did not receive the email then it's possible it was blocked by your email client. In this case you can either disable your blocker software or enter a new email address in <a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editpassword">your profile</a>.</div>

</if>

$_phpinclude_output
    This way users know when their accounts are awaiting confirmation and they know what their options are.

Comment

Thanks for this Jake! It's exactly what I needed to deal with the free, fake, and AOL accounts. I have to admit I was really suprised to see I couldn't just search a member name or address and click on "resend activation key" from the admin panel however, this option is even better than just having a link on the main page for users because it also explains the problem to only the users that are affected. As far as I'm concerned... this should be standard equipment for VB3.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Ex
        I have to admit I was really suprised to see I couldn't just search a member name or address and click on "resend activation key" from the admin panel
        Actually you can. This is in the Quick User Links at the top of the user profile:

Email Activation Codes

Note, this link only appears for members in the Users Awaiting group.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You could also goto the Users section in the Admin Control Panel and choose to Send Email to Members, and select only the usergroup 'waiting for activation', now type something like.

Hi $username, please activate your account by going to $activatelink - otherwise your account might get deleted soon.

(The mail form has a few $variable examples which you can use)

Comment