Spiderability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiderability

How do I edit my forum in a way that Google spiders all the threads on my site?? It only shows up about 2 threads out of my main forum... I get roughly 7 spiders on my site every 2 days.... How come vBulletin.com had 41 Spiders when I checked??

I really want all the threads from my site to be on Google!

vBulletin has Threads: 95,607, Posts: 622,076 to spider, how big is your site?

Comment

a very small percentage of that, about 4,000 posts nearly, and about 300 threads nearly.

Comment

The large the sites and the more acitivy there is on the site the more often google spiders and others will appear, i usualy have 2-5 spiders every other day or so, im also gettin 200-500 posts a day

Comment

Yer I get on average around 300 posts just from people at my college. I think I have had a few spiders on my site everyday for the past few days actually.

For a 16 year old student on barely any money I think I have done well so far, the sites been around since about mid-Feb... It was banned at college before that.

Comment

lol, i wonder why, to increase more spiders you should try to get people to link to your site as much as possible

Comment

Yer... how do I get my site known... I c ur Digital Kore.net site has 230ish users, I want something like that... Need a few hundred users, so they can refer more users and so on (as is my theory).

I've posted on other forums getting my site known to them, but no results

Comment

Oh BTW, it was banned about 2 weeks after I set it up last November, but I was using phpBB (which is rubbish) and it was draining my colleges bandwidth (apparently, no evidence though). I persuaded the techies to unblock it, they havnt blocked it, and its been running for about 6 or 7 weeks now

Comment

Just tell your friends and ask your friends to tell their friends

My Digital Kore site has been up for 2 years, and we have had 3 resets, so, its time and waiting.

My new site U.S.S. Homestar Runner.com has only been open for 2 months and already is getting more than Digital Kore, it just depends on how many people are looking for that specific topic.

Comment

OK, i think my site works pretty well, its in a competetive area, which is message boards for school and college etc... but I have only Google AdSense, and a clean layout, which is something I like to follow. Alot of sites like mine are full of adverts and them stupid 'wait 10 seconds for the next page while this advert is displayed' things.

Also, I notice you have Google AdSense, my AdSense constantly brings up a link for vbulletin and other message boards, but no adverts related to threads or posts or any other content on my site, is that right? I wouldn't mind adverts related to my threads than the make of my message board.

Comment

You should change your metta words, in the ACP, and also make sure guests can view threads, if they cant Google is going to give you some weird things

Comment

All my meta tags relate to college, teens and stuff like that.. and all threads can be viewed by guests, but its still like that...

Could it be that the adverts are above the content? Take a look for yourself.. www.collegepranks.co.uk

Comment

try adding this to your showthread template

HTML Code:
                          <div style="font-size: 200%; text-align: center;"><b>$thread[title]</b></div>
                          <br />
                          Put that right above the $poll varible

Comment

nop, stil the same

Comment

Well, it scans the page before load and then displays adds. the more of your own words and the less it sees vBulletin on the page the ad's should start to change

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X