Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Access masks are more for specific situtations and are done on a userbaiss, you really should use forum permissions and secondary usergroups when possible, and only use access maks when nessary, at least as a rule of thumb., ive only used access masks once in all of my time using vBulletin and that was just a few weeks ago for a problematic user.

Leave a comment:

• Ocean
    replied
    Hmm. Well, now - as it so happens, you are correct. But this is only because the Administrators UserGroup can see everything by default anyway. Thus, there was no need to make any changes.

So, if I want to create another User Group with the same priviledges, I guess I'll have to set the access masks for each Forum individually.

Oh well, at least with it being a Friday and all, I'll have plenty of time.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Im goin to take a stab at you have not assigned any custom forum permissions to the Admin group thats why

Leave a comment:

• I can't create Forum Permissions based on the Administrators UserGroup

When I create a new UserGroup - at the bottom, where I can set the Forum Permissions based on another UserGroup - The Administrators Group is not listed.

In addition, from Forum Permissions screen, when I try to use the Permission Duplication Tool to accomplish the same thing - again, the Administrators Group is not listed.

I am trying to create another Admin-level Group, but I would rather not have to set everything manually.

Does anyone know what is causing this, and how it can be resolved? I'm hoping that it's not by design.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X