I can't create Forum Permissions based on the Administrators UserGroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't create Forum Permissions based on the Administrators UserGroup

When I create a new UserGroup - at the bottom, where I can set the Forum Permissions based on another UserGroup - The Administrators Group is not listed.

In addition, from Forum Permissions screen, when I try to use the Permission Duplication Tool to accomplish the same thing - again, the Administrators Group is not listed.

I am trying to create another Admin-level Group, but I would rather not have to set everything manually.

Does anyone know what is causing this, and how it can be resolved? I'm hoping that it's not by design.
    echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Im goin to take a stab at you have not assigned any custom forum permissions to the Admin group thats why

Comment

Hmm. Well, now - as it so happens, you are correct. But this is only because the Administrators UserGroup can see everything by default anyway. Thus, there was no need to make any changes.

So, if I want to create another User Group with the same priviledges, I guess I'll have to set the access masks for each Forum individually.

Oh well, at least with it being a Friday and all, I'll have plenty of time.
      echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

Access masks are more for specific situtations and are done on a userbaiss, you really should use forum permissions and secondary usergroups when possible, and only use access maks when nessary, at least as a rule of thumb., ive only used access masks once in all of my time using vBulletin and that was just a few weeks ago for a problematic user.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X