Administrator changed to Super Moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator changed to Super Moderator

Some how I accidentally changed my sole Administrator status to Super Moderator and now I can't get into my forum to administer it.

I have full access to the server. Any way I can re-instate myself as the Administrator. No one else has Administrator rights.
    Robin Chee
    Singapore

Q13. Help! I can’t login to the ACP and I can’t see the link to it any more either!

A13. Steps to recover

1. You need to go into phpmyadmin and change your usergroup id to 6

2. In config.php find

$superadministrators = '';

You need to add your userid to this value so it looks like this

$superadministrators = '1';

If you installed the board from scratch your userid 1.

Save your config.php

3. Point your browser to mysite.com/forum/admincp/adminpermissions.php?do=modify

Click on all yes and hit save

OR

I have not tried this yet, but there is a function in the tools.php
    From your extras folder upload tools.php to your forum root,
    run www.myste.com/forumdir/tools.php?do=user

Im fairly sure that will restore your AdminCP access but i havent had a chance to try it.

Comment

Or upload the tools.php script in the 'extras' folder to your Admin CP directory. Use this to promote your user to Admin, then immediately remove this script.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Or upload the tools.php script in the 'extras' folder to your Admin CP directory. Use this to promote your user to Admin, then immediately remove this script.
        That works .. but hell of a dangerous script in the wrong hands.
        Robin Chee
        Singapore

Comment

Hence the reason you should only have it on there when needed , there used to be hacks that hid that code in other files incase you needed to get in without ftp access, still not safe imo.

Comment

Originally posted by robinchee
            That works .. but hell of a dangerous script in the wrong hands.
            Which is why it's not placed in the uploads directory. This is similar to the getadmin.php script in the 'extras' folder of the vB2 zip file.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X