Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new "Home"

Hi

I've got vbulletin and vbindex installad and anything is working fine, apart fro my "home" problem.

I renamed the vbulletin index.php to forum.php (in admincp as well) and renamed the vbindex.php to index.php.

My Problem is, that all "home" hyperlinks in the forum (static and redirection, e.g. after login) will send the user to www.mysite.com/forum.php instead of www.mysite.com ...

This is very anoying, as there is now way for users to go back to the portalk index apart from manually entering the url bar in their browser.

Please help, I'm sure, it's just a stupid little thing I can't see ....

Thanks a lot.

Andre

You can set the name of your "home" file in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Script Name for Forum Home Page

Comment

Hi Jake

as said in my message, that's, what I already did. I changed it in admincp from index.php to forum.php and renamed the vbindex.php to index.php.

The Problem is, that every "home" links now refers to www.mysite.com/home.php? and not to www.mysite.com where apache would grep the default index.php.

If you like, you can have a look @ www.storagecommunity.com . The first thing, you'll see is the renamed vbindex.php, but there is no way back to it (e.g. by clicking on the vBulletin Logo at the top left).

Andre

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      You can set the name of your "home" file in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Script Name for Forum Home Page

Comment

What exactly do you want to do?

vBulletin will always redirect user's back to the index specified in the vBulletin options. If the "home" links are part of an addon then they might not be using vBulletin's index file for the link in which case you should contact the hack author for help.

Comment

I found something in the header templete where I can change the href for the image, but still, all "home" links refer to /forum.php? instead of the root or index.php

Comment

I see, and there is now way to change this instead of hacking every template? What if the forum itself is just part of a larger website (apart from any hacks or portals).
            There muste be a way to tell vBulletin where to link to. If a user clicks on any kind of "home" link, than I want him to go back to the WebSite home, not to the forum home.

Thanks in advance

Andre

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
            What exactly do you want to do?

vBulletin will always redirect user's back to the index specified in the vBulletin options. If the "home" links are part of an addon then they might not be using vBulletin's index file for the link in which case you should contact the hack author for help.

Comment

I mean any kinf of "home" link INSIDE of vBulletin, not inside of any kind of hacks or portals.

Comment

All I know of is that option in the Admin CP. vBulletin uses that option to link to the forumhome page.

If that option is not working on vBulletin pages then you should try uninstalling your hacks to see if that's the problem. If the problem exists on nonvBulletin pages then you need to contact the hack author for support.

Comment

Bruce

I think we misunderstand each other. It's not about the hack, I just want vBulletin to link to a different url insetad of the one in admicp.
                  Anyway, I found a couple of possibilities to do that, e.g. editig navbar and header templates. This works fine and is a workaround for the time being.

Thanks for your help.

Andre

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X