Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I link to and put in an named anchor inside a posting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kafi
    replied
    I do have som special articles in which I need to use anchors for content reasons. It is convenient to format text in html editor and than Copy and Paste it into post.
    Unfortunatelly I am loosing anchors by copypaste way of doing it so. I use 3.5 version ov vB and have html enabled for that specific forum.

Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by sketch42
    Thank You so much Grover i have been looking for away to do this with out using the FAQ system built into vb3 i applaud you on your work and contribution and im sure so will my members
    You're welcome. Glad you find it usefull. It was really easy to achieve : (since I am not a programmer) : I am just using some very basic HTML. VB3 really does the rest : it's just great what you can achieve by using the flexible options of VB, in this case the Custom VBcode-option.

So, technically you have to thank the developers/software, but I agree the initial idea itself is just simply brilliant. IM(notso)HO.

Leave a comment:

• sketch42
    replied
    Thank You so much Grover i have been looking for away to do this with out using the FAQ system built into vb3 i applaud you on your work and contribution and im sure so will my members

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Wooo hooo !!

*claps*

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    I myself use quite some unique bb codes, but I don't make them public (yet).

One I can give a hint on is [cl] which lets a threadid show up as:

[cl=1234]Title of Thread[/cl]
    (Community Link : Title of Thread)

This saves me quite some markup and typing and take advantage of the [thread] vbtag.
    Hi Floris,

Thanks for sharing. And...... I am glad you find the [thread] vbtag useful. Guess who has suggested that tag to the VB developers ? ... : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=57448

(Yes, it's not bad to give yourself some applause now and then! But I'm glad I have you as a co-supporter. )

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I myself use quite some unique bb codes, but I don't make them public (yet).

One I can give a hint on is [cl] which lets a threadid show up as:

[cl=1234]Title of Thread[/cl]
    (Community Link : Title of Thread)

This saves me quite some markup and typing and take advantage of the [thread] vbtag.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Thank you!

Originally posted by Floris
    Great work Grover! Now that is quite a unique bbcode you got there
    Thanks for the compliments Floris! I am pretty pleased with it myself, as you've noticed.....

The BBCodes are indeed rather unique... I haven't seen anyone using it on a VB forum. Didn't find anything on them on vb.org and such sites, so yeah I am glad to have implemented them by myself. It's an enormous improvement on the efficiency/userfriendlyness on my forum, especially when you restyle them with CSS like I did (see the demo). Wow! I love the fact that VB3 makes this all possible. I am glad I waited 2 years (...) and stayed with VB. Now I must really take care to not get obsessivly addicted to the VB3 software.....

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Great work Grover! Now that is quite a unique bbcode you got there

Leave a comment:

• Hussain
    replied
    Thanks Grover. Just have to put this into action now. Have started working on the FAQs, but will start putting this all up over the weekend. Might have to request you for a little bit of help that is if you do not mind that is. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Combining 2 great tips together!

Hmmm, what's going on? The postings above are suddenly in the wrong 'order'. I guess it has something to do with the servermove? ---

Anyway... Just to let you know that I have another great tip for you. When you combine this HOW TO - Use anchor-links inside your Forum with my LIST CSS Restyling then you can achieve some really AMAZING results. See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99808 for more information on this subject.

I have also provided a Live Demo. Just,

- Go to www.xxx.nl
    - Login with username xxxx and password xxxx
    - Go to 'Testusers Forum'
    - Click on 'FAQ TOC : implemented with anchors and CSS restyling!'.......

....and be VERY amazed! I can't believe I have achieved it myself!

Oh... and just compare the 'FAQ TOC : implemented with anchors and CSS restyling!' with 'FAQ TOC : implemented with anchors!' (to be found in the same forum). One with CSS styling and one without it. Amazing isn't it?
    Yes it is.... and I becomes even more userfriendly when you combine this CSS 'List'-Restyling with my Custom BBCodes found in this thread. That gives you the best of both worlds!!, IMnot-so-HO. Using these both together it becomes possible to create extensive 'Documents/Manuals/FAQs' inside your forum.
    -
    Last edited by Grover; Wed 6 Jul '05, 3:48am.

Leave a comment:

• Hussain
    replied
    Originally posted by Grover
    I also have extended my 'HOWTO' in posting#7 above. Take a look if you like.

... and if anybody has any improvements/suggestions etc then please let me know. Because -if it's okay with the moderators- at some point I would like to make a copy of this thread, delete all the clutter in it, so I can publish a proper 'HowTo' and copy it to the 'Hints and Tips'-forum someday.

Thanks for any feedback,
    Thanks Grover. Would you be able to guide as to how one would be able to come up from a post down below instead of scrolling up or down?? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Hussain
    replied
    Hi Grover,

Thanks for that. Would you allow us access with the username and password over the weekend that is actually tomorrow as well also??? Would need to work on my site as well also. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hussain; Fri 27 Aug '04, 6:03am.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    I also have extended my 'HOWTO' in posting#7 above. Take a look if you like.

... and if anybody has any improvements/suggestions etc then please let me know. Because -if it's okay with the moderators- at some point I would like to make a copy of this thread, delete all the clutter in it, so I can publish a proper 'HowTo' and copy it to the 'Hints and Tips'-forum someday.

Thanks for any feedback,
    Last edited by Grover; Sat 3 Apr '04, 12:43am.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Glad to provide you this...

Originally posted by Hussain
    Do you think you could point us to a page you have set up on your forums please? Thanks.
    Ofcourse I can....
    (it is unbelievable, but I was just finishing setting up this testforum/user on my site so I could provide you all with a demo!)

- Go to www.xxx.nl
    - Go to 'Testusers Forum'
    - Click on the one and only 'FAQ TOC : implemented with anchors!'-thread.

I hope this is helpfull to you guys,
    Last edited by Grover; Wed 6 Jul '05, 3:47am.

Leave a comment:

• Hussain
    replied
    Do you think you could point us to a page you have set up on your forums please? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X