Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I link to and put in an named anchor inside a posting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Grover. Just have to put this into action now. Have started working on the FAQs, but will start putting this all up over the weekend. Might have to request you for a little bit of help that is if you do not mind that is. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great work Grover! Now that is quite a unique bbcode you got there

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by Floris
        Great work Grover! Now that is quite a unique bbcode you got there
        Thanks for the compliments Floris! I am pretty pleased with it myself, as you've noticed.....

The BBCodes are indeed rather unique... I haven't seen anyone using it on a VB forum. Didn't find anything on them on vb.org and such sites, so yeah I am glad to have implemented them by myself. It's an enormous improvement on the efficiency/userfriendlyness on my forum, especially when you restyle them with CSS like I did (see the demo). Wow! I love the fact that VB3 makes this all possible. I am glad I waited 2 years (...) and stayed with VB. Now I must really take care to not get obsessivly addicted to the VB3 software.....
        How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

I myself use quite some unique bb codes, but I don't make them public (yet).

One I can give a hint on is [cl] which lets a threadid show up as:

[cl=1234]Title of Thread[/cl]
          (Community Link : Title of Thread)

This saves me quite some markup and typing and take advantage of the [thread] vbtag.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            I myself use quite some unique bb codes, but I don't make them public (yet).

One I can give a hint on is [cl] which lets a threadid show up as:

[cl=1234]Title of Thread[/cl]
            (Community Link : Title of Thread)

This saves me quite some markup and typing and take advantage of the [thread] vbtag.
            Hi Floris,

Thanks for sharing. And...... I am glad you find the [thread] vbtag useful. Guess who has suggested that tag to the VB developers ? ... : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=57448

(Yes, it's not bad to give yourself some applause now and then! But I'm glad I have you as a co-supporter. )

Comment

Wooo hooo !!

*claps*

Comment

Thank You so much Grover i have been looking for away to do this with out using the FAQ system built into vb3 i applaud you on your work and contribution and im sure so will my members

Comment

Originally posted by sketch42
                  Thank You so much Grover i have been looking for away to do this with out using the FAQ system built into vb3 i applaud you on your work and contribution and im sure so will my members
                  You're welcome. Glad you find it usefull. It was really easy to achieve : (since I am not a programmer) : I am just using some very basic HTML. VB3 really does the rest : it's just great what you can achieve by using the flexible options of VB, in this case the Custom VBcode-option.

So, technically you have to thank the developers/software, but I agree the initial idea itself is just simply brilliant. IM(notso)HO.

Comment

I do have som special articles in which I need to use anchors for content reasons. It is convenient to format text in html editor and than Copy and Paste it into post.
                    Unfortunatelly I am loosing anchors by copypaste way of doing it so. I use 3.5 version ov vB and have html enabled for that specific forum.

Any suggestions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X