Admin Control Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Control Panel

After I upgraded from 3.0 Beta 3 to this final version.... My Admin Control Panel lost all of the graphics... it's basically black and white... Any idea why?

Edit: I didnt upload the cpstyles directory... Real smart.
    Last edited by Nautiqeman; Mon 29 Mar '04, 11:55pm. Reason: figured out what I did wrong

and on top of that... I can't send out bulk email to the users... any idea about that one? this was before and after the upgrade

Comment

before and after the upgrade?
      Uhm. Try the -f parameter in the vbulletin options > part for the Email section. hopefully it works now. Could be a hosting setting for php email.

Comment

I know it's not the hosting. Some how for the past month I have been getting an email EVERY time there is a post made on my board. This feature is not turned on through the Admin panel...

Comment

Did you put your email in to get every post (this is a per forum optioin)

Are they bouncing emails?

Comment

Im not sure what bouncing emails are...

But no, I made sure I wasnt subscribed to forums... It sends the emails to the address that I have for site mail... I have checked a few features in the Admin control panel and can't figure out the problem...
            I also have no idea why I can't send out a bulk email to all my members, I can send a 'test' email and that works.

Comment

vB uses PHP's mail() function for all its email. If PHP and the mail server are configured correctly then email will work.

Since email is working sometimes, this is either a server and/or mailbox issue. You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.

Another thing to keep in mind is that many ISPs and mail clients are putting in very aggressive spam filters. It's possible these emails are being placed into a spam folder or are being filtered.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there a way to just turn off the subscribe feature so NO emails are sent to anyone when a new post is made?

I don't think it's emails being bounced to me... I'm not getting multiple emails for 1 thread... It's just 1 notice for EVERY post...

Comment

Unsubscribe to that thread and check your Forum settings to remove your email address from receiving emails on all new posts/threads in that forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok I feel like a real idiot. I did a search for the site's email and found a member that used it and was subscribed to the forums, at least I think. I deleted them and I haven't gotten an email since. Im really sorry for taking up your guys time with this...

Ill talk to my host but I still can't send a bulk email, but can test it...
                    Thank you guys for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Nautiqeman
                      After I upgraded from 3.0 Beta 3 to this final version.... My Admin Control Panel lost all of the graphics... it's basically black and white... Any idea why?

Edit: I didnt upload the cpstyles directory... Real smart.
                      I just installed 3.0.0 Final and my admincp has no CSS at all. I have the cpstyles directory uploaded and everything, but ther admincp is plain text. What's wrong?

Comment

Check the permissions in the cpstyles directory and files, and also make sure you are using the correct forum URL in your vBulletin Options settings.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          Check the permissions in the cpstyles directory and files, and also make sure you are using the correct forum URL in your vBulletin Options settings.
                          The permissons of cpstyles and the sub directories are 755, and the url is fine...

I upgraded from 2.3.2, if that helps.

Comment

Sorry I have no other ideas. If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I do not understand how Nautiqeman got this problem fixed by uploading the cpstyles directory...that has been uploaded the entire time and there's still no CSS in the admincp. The images in the admincp load fine, but no CSS.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X