Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency - Ever post, edit, I make I get invalid page

As the admin, no matter what I edit, post, delete I get a message:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

When adding a post I get " no forum specified"

However, it does actually post, edit, etc

I have a suspicion it may be related to database. I hope not.
    I have several forums on the same dedicated server. I have noticed
    over the last several days that only this one site with the new problems
    has been very slow loading. I have run tracerts, and talked to host, etc
    and they all claim it is fine and they see no slowness. However, even this
    morning when I logged in and ran into the posting problems mentioned above,
    I see the site (all pages) load slower. This is really hurting my site.

And now that I start seeing problems with posting it makes me wonder if their
    is problems with database / MySQL.

I know nothing about how to repair, or fix MySQL so am at the mercy of anyone willing to help.

VBulletin Staff. Yes, I am willing to pay. Just point ot me where I open a ticket, and I will do whatever it takes to get someone who really knows what they are doing to fix this.

Please send help.....
    Last edited by glenv; Sun 28 Mar '04, 3:12am.

help

Comment

Reupload all the non image files in ASCII mode and run a repair / optimize on your database

AdminCP > Import & Maitence > Repair & Optimize > Select all and hit continue.,

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Reupload all the non image files in ASCII mode and run a repair / optimize on your database

AdminCP > Import & Maitence > Repair & Optimize > Select all and hit continue.,
        The latest version I have already downloaded is VB3 Gold. It was downloaded the day it was released. Should I download a newer version or is this it?

Comment

It's possible when you uploaded the files you did not overwrite some of the existing files. I would download a new zip file and reupload these files as Zach suggested. Make sure you overwrite the files on the server.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Zachery means you should re-upload the files under upload/ to your web-server, that is, all except the images/ folder, and make sure you do it in ASCII-mode. If the server is local, I suggest you go to the Member Area (where you downloaded vB3 from) and click on the link to open a Support Ticket.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

i've been having the same problems but what i did to fix it is that i went to the "vB ACP -> vB Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Remove Redirection Message Pages" and changed the option to "No" and it seems to be working fine now. Strange.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X