Easy question - linear, threaded hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy question - linear, threaded hybrid

I read the help file on "thread display mode" regarding oldest vs. newest first.

I experimented - I changed my User CP options.

But when I look at forum threads, they are displayed the same regardless if I set my CP to newest first or oldest first.

What's the difference?

Thanks
    Last edited by Askoldww; Sat 27 Mar '04, 9:39pm.
    Askold Wawryszyn

The threads should be displayed in this manner:

Oldest first
    You see the beginning of the thread at the beginning and new posts are added to the end of the thread

Newest first
    You see the new posts on the beginning of the thread and the oldest - the first posting - is on the end.

Comment

Oh, the oldest/newest refers to posts within the thread.

I was reading this as pertaining to threads within the forum! It makes sense to display the oldest post in the thread first so that readers can see the dilogue in the order it developed. (Now that I re-read the help file, I see that this is clearly stated ...)

So, is there no option to display threads within the forum? It seems that the newest are displayed first - is this fixed in the code?

I actually don't have a problem with this, I just want to be sure that I don't misconfirure some option I don't understand.

Thanks.
      Askold Wawryszyn

Comment

It wouldn't make sense to sort the threads in this manner too...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X