• Show
Clear All

• Problem Upgrading From vB 2.3.3. to vb 3

http://www.raparena.com/forums - Database Error

The error message i get sent is:

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT title, data FROM rkqxhnvj_forumsdatastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'stylecache', 'userstats', 'birthdaycache', 'maxloggedin', 'iconcache', 'eventcache', 'mailqueue')

mysql error: Table 'rkqxhnvj_forums.rkqxhnvj_forumsdatastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Saturday 27th of March 2004 05:06:23 PM
    Script: http://www.raparena.com/forums/
    Referer:
    IP Address: 65.35.110.218

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on this step in the upgrading process:

The config.php file is commented throughout, so you should be able to work out what values to enter for the variables yourself. When you have finished, save the file back into the upload/includes/ folder as config.php.

Iv'e uploaded that file and all the rest of the vbulletin 3 files and that's the error i get. Can someone please help me fix it.

Try the fixoptions.php script:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...68&postcount=7
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I did. But when i run it i get the database error.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
      Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Comment

We need to see the entire error message. Either post the contents of the email you received, or right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then copy-n-paste the error message here.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Error Message on the homepage. http://www.raparena.com/forums

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
          <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
          <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
          Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--

Invalid SQL:
          SELECT title, data FROM rkqxhnvj_forumsdatastore
          WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'stylecache', 'userstats', 'birthdaycache', 'maxloggedin', 'iconcache', 'eventcache', 'mailqueue')

mysql error: Table 'rkqxhnvj_forums.rkqxhnvj_forumsdatastore' doesn't exist

Date: Saturday 27th of March 2004 06:46:14 PM
          Referer:
          -->

</body></html>

Comment

This is the second error I've seen like this and I don't know what the problem is. I'll see if the Devs can take a look.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

My host does daily backups so they backed up the forums for me. I'm goin to try again to intall vB 3. I'll let you know if i run into the same problem. Thanx for the help Steve.

Comment

Did it all over again. And i still get this error. Can i just go and do the upgrade step.

Invalid SQL:
                SELECT title, data FROM datastore

mysql error: Table 'rkqxhnvj_forums.datastore' doesn't exist

Date: Saturday 27th of March 2004 08:29:40 PM
                Referer:

Comment

Im God. Everything is good now. Thanx for the help.

Comment

What was your solution? I have a simular problem.

Comment

so do I ....

would appreciate the solutions ya found posted...

Here's my error info:

Invalid SQL:
                      SELECT title, data
                      FROM datastore
                      WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'stylecache')

mysql error: Table 'newctctest.datastore' doesn't exist

MySQL ver: 4.0.18
                      php 4.3.4

Comment

xTermn8t please start your own thread.

Comment

Yeah what did you do to fix this issue?

Thanks,
                          Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            This is the second error I've seen like this and I don't know what the problem is. I'll see if the Devs can take a look.
                            I'm getting this very same error. I'm trying to upgrade from vB 2.3.4 to 3.0.1. The problem is that the new install/upgrade software is trying to call information from the table datastore, which if we were running a version of vBulletin prior to this one doesn't exist. I can't seem to find an SQL file that would allow me to put that table in my database and run the upgrade.

I would very much love to see how LilPimpinRapper fixed this issue as well...

Comment

This is very frustrating. I can't believe an upgrade is this difficult.

I've been working on this thing since 7am this morning, and now here it is 3pm and I'm still getting the same errors and same problems as this morning.

I tried installing vBulletin 3.0.1 in a seperate directory so I could maybe use the database tables created with that install (my host only allows 1 mySQL database per package, so all of my tables can only be on one database). The clean install worked fine, but couldn't figure out a way to get the database from my current board (2.3.4) to the new one (3.0.1). So, I deleted the new install, re-uploaded my old board and started from scratch, only this time leaving the database tables for vB3. I got the error message telling me that "We have detected you have already tried to run the upgrade script. Please revert back to a vB 2.2.x or 2.3.x database". I deleted the vB3 tables and am now back to square 1, getting the table datastore doesn't exist error again. I've followed the upgrade manual to the letter twice and run into the same problem. Please help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X