Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK this may not be a problem, but then again it could.

On my own forums I had not been using a signature, then one day I found some text I liked and put it in. Now usually I thought that when you added or changed your sig then all your previous posts would get it. But it seems that only the posts made after I added my sig text actually have the text there. Also I just boosted another member to a group that can have avatar pics and the same thing, only posts he makes after I did it come with the avatar he picked.

Now is this the way vB works, or has something gone wrong?

The posts where there is no avatar or signature picked - they are stored with no avatar and signature. When a signature is set or an avatar, then posts with the old signature and avatar are showing with the new signature and avatar. If they are not, then it might be your browser cache or goto the admin control panel and then update counters for post cache.

Comment

In short, adding a sig does not put this sig retroactively into posts that were made when you were not using a sig.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X