FAQ Hyperlinking Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAQ Hyperlinking Issue

Hello, I'm having issues with the FAQ hyperlinking. When you click on the FAQ link, they do not always go to the FAQ requested on the already included ones with vB (sometimes they will), and they never do on the ones I create. Is this just an issue on my end, or has others experienced this? Currently my site is still not active, so unfortunately others will not be able to test my site for me until then.

I'm using the Gold.

Kind Regards

Is this a new install or an upgrade? If upgrade, have you double-checked and made sure you are using the original Gold templates and files?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. This is an upgrade from the previous 3.0 release (rc4?). I just upgraded tonight, and updated per the instructions (replaced all the files).

Actually, I just tried again from another computer and it doesn't always work either. It will sometimes link to the proper FAQ, and other times it will not and just start at the top. The link does call for the correct path, however. I'm sorry for causing alarm.

Thanks!

Regards
      Last edited by BfB; Wed 24 Mar '04, 11:31pm.

Comment

Steve, I've experienced it from both computers now. On both I have cleared my cache and cookies fully, restarted, and tried it again. It will not always do it, either. This is confusing.

Comment

Okay, I'm still baffled. I've redone my HTML as well, and I still get this problem at times. It doesn't always happen, but it does about 50 to 75% of the time. Again, the problem I'm experiencing is that if you click on a lower link under the same FAQ heading, it will not always go directly to the FAQ, but instead will start at the top of the the entire child group answers.

Here's the link to my forums FAQ:

http://www.diablosporttuning.com/forums/faq.php?

You will see the 3 new FAQ links I'm referring to there.

Thanks for helping!
          Last edited by BfB; Wed 24 Mar '04, 11:33pm.

Comment

First of all before we can provide support you need to make the copyright visible. As per ther license agreement it needs to be readily visible and this one isn't.

After you have done this, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, it looks pretty visible to me and other friends of mine viewing it from their computers. It's at the bottom of every page, and I also have it registered in the members only section of vbulletin.com. I clearly see:

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.0
              Copyright ©2000 - 2004, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
              Copyright ©2004, DiabloSportTuning.com

Comment

In my opinon the copyright is not readily visible.
                Attached Files

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have fixed my copyright to white text.

I'm still having this problem, but before I give the above info. that you mentioned, I would like to know if I'm the only user experiencing this problem? And, if you wouldn't mind testing on my site, are you experiencing the issue at all there?

Again, the problem I'm experiencing is that if you click on a lower link under the same FAQ heading, it will not always go directly to the FAQ, but instead will start at the top of the the entire child group answers.

Here's the link to my forums FAQ:

Regards,

James

Comment

I clicked about a dozen links and they all came up fine for me. Please provide the exact links that you say aren't working.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve,

Could you please try this again for me? I still have the issue where I'm getting customers complaining, as well as myself, that when they click on the new links I have added in the "FAQ" that they are not linking them directly to topic

They sometimes work, but rarely. They generally just take me to the top of all the different topics I have added.

Regards,

James

Comment

The only one I found is this one:

http://www.diablosporttuning.com/for...m_custom_03_04

Please post the screenshot of your setting in the Admin CP for this FAQ.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That's wild! I just tried that and it worked. See what I mean by it is intermittent?

Here's the screenshot. Hopefully this is what you needed.

Kind Regards,

James
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wrong screen. Click on the 'edit' link for the FAQ you are having a problem with.

Also if this is intermittent, then it really isn't a vB issue. There is something else going on, possibly server-related.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X