Weird problem going on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be argumentative but how was I proved wrong? I stated:

If it's inconsistent and can't be reliably reproduced then my guess is that it's a server issue.
    Of course this does not preclude the fact that you may have entered something wrong somewhere. Nonetheless problems that can't be reliably reproduced by doing the same thing over and over again are generally server related.

As for the current problem, can you reproduce it reliably? Does this happen when using the defalut vB3 Gold templates and files? If so, please fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, I included all that information.

Comment

I checked this out. You have installed at least one hack and I found that several files had been modified. Ther first thing I suggest is to remove all hacks and restore the default vB files to see if this fixes the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I checked this out. You have installed at least one hack and I found that several files had been modified. Ther first thing I suggest is to remove all hacks and restore the default vB files to see if this fixes the problem.
          I told you, in the support ticket.. I reverted the files, and templates, back to the original.. Didnt work, still the same problem.

Comment

The only support ticket I can find on this subject is one that was fixed after upgrading to PHP 4.3.5. Since I deal with hundreds on messages and support tickets every day you'll need to provide the ticket number so I can check this.

P.S. I have no unaswered tickets in the system.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i've been having the same problems but what i did to fix it is that i went to the "vB ACP -> vB Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Remove Redirection Message Pages" and changed the option to "No" and it seems to be working fine now. Strange.

hope this helps.

Comment

I get this error once in-awhile. Started with RC3, with no hacks...though I run gold with hacks now and have the issue still, just not as frequently.
                Thanaos

You're just jealous because the Voices speak to me.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsjv
                  i've been having the same problems but what i did to fix it is that i went to the "vB ACP -> vB Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Remove Redirection Message Pages" and changed the option to "No" and it seems to be working fine now. Strange.

hope this helps.
                  Thanks for the suggestion! I was also experiencing this problem, and making that change appears to have fixed it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X